Talk

Advanced search

Can you have a hyperactive baby........in the womb!??

(13 Posts)
sally78 Tue 13-Oct-09 21:43:56

Do you think if you have a very active baby in the womb they will be the same in the 'outside' world?!!! Never had this many kicks with my first baby and he is VERY active.....starting to worry thsi baby is going to be hyper!!

EsmeWeatherwax Tue 13-Oct-09 21:49:55

My second one felt like this too, she kicked all the time, somersaulted, was generally extremely active! It was murder! She's turned out to be the most chilled out baby now she's here though, very laid back, giggles all the time!

TheBlairSnitchProject Tue 13-Oct-09 21:50:32

LOL, I've been sat here wondering the same thing.

DD is going crackers, it's like Riverdance in there!!

sally78 Tue 13-Oct-09 21:52:59

EsmeWeatherwax what a relief! There's hope!

TheBlairSnitchProject river dance champion inside me!

francaghostohollywood Tue 13-Oct-09 21:53:04

Oh my dd was very active in the womb, but was a very laid back baby. (ds wasn't that active in the womb and cried and fretted for the first 3 months of his life!) grin

crokky Tue 13-Oct-09 21:53:32

My first (DS) was very active in the womb. IME it means the baby doesn't sleep much which doesn't bode well I'm afraid grin. DS is now 3 and he sleeps FAR less than most 3yos. In fact, he probably sleeps far less than most 8yos.

Ceebee74 Tue 13-Oct-09 21:55:46

Different story to the others on here.

DS1 was very active in the womb - I used to be able to see my tummy rippling constantly for an hour every teatime hmm He is now a very active 3.3 year old and has been constantly on the move since he started crawling at 7 months.

Ds2 was a much quieter baby in the womb - in fact several times I was actually worried as I wouldn't feel him move for hours at a time. He is now 11 months old and much more laidback than DS1 was and seems in no hurry to be moving about and loves to sit and watch the world go by.

sally78 Wed 14-Oct-09 20:50:00

crokky hope the sleep things isn't true

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 15-Oct-09 09:10:16

My dd now 8.5 was the most active baby ever. I don't have anything to compare this with however, she's an only. To date she is completely bonkers, she tends only to sit still when she is reading, jabbers on constantly and sleeps really poorly.

ChopsTheDuck Thu 15-Oct-09 09:15:20

I don't think it necessarily follows.

dd was very lively, now I'd say she is pretty average.

ds1 laid back very quiet, was the same for first three years but now is hyper.

dt1 was a grumpy little so and so and absolutely hated being squashed but was chilled out so long as I laid on my side so he was on top of dt2. Was born slightly crazy, sometimes moody, generally exciteable but average in terms of livliness.

dt2 was hyper inside, grumpy for the first year then hyper since.

i think you can see soemthing of their personailities from inside, but I reckon since being in the womb is totally different to being outside, they may well behave differently.

thenameiwantedwastaken Sun 18-Oct-09 22:49:15

My DD, now 5 months, was very active in the womb and is still on the outside! She has never been one for lying down or quiet cuddles. She loves to stand on my lap, bounce in her bouncer, play 'row row row your boat' and be thrown in the air. Kinda tiring buit she is so much fun!!!! (Ask me in 12 months if I feel the same wink)

sammylou77 Wed 21-Oct-09 13:45:25

My baby was very active in the womb, I had to be monitored i hospital for a while and even the nurses were surprised at how active he was. He is now 10 weeks old and whilst he likes to lay and kick with his legs and throw his arms around, he still sleeps (fairly) well and has the odd quiet cuddle when he's tired. He is very alert and always has been, but not hyper. I just think that it means you have a very healthy happy baby!

teameric Wed 21-Oct-09 13:54:56

My first (DS) used to be very active in the womb, but was a very laid back, quiet baby and toddler (he is now 10) DD on the other hand, I used to worry if there was something wrong when I was pg with her as I hardly used to feel her move at all, just little flutters, and now? well she is a complete nutbag and very hyperactive grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now