Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do all babies do this, or is mine (10.5mo) trying to drive me insane?

(3 Posts)
jumpjockey Tue 13-Oct-09 09:15:35

Please reassure me I'm not the only one having to deal with this sort of thing...

eg. wakes in the night, I go in to settle her, she'll lie down and be absolutely silent and act asleep until I leave the room then just as I reach the door, stands up and starts yelling. Repeat ad infinitum.

eg. puts her arms in the air to be picked up, as soon as I pick her up starts writhing and wriggling to be put down, I put her down but the moment her feet touch the floor she yells. Repeat ad infinitum.

eg. eats some of her dinner, stops and turns the plate upside down but when I take it away assuming she's saying she's finished, yells.

A lot of her frustrating behaviour seems to involve yelling at the moment and it's really hard to cope with! And I'm off to try and resettle her for her nap again (sigh) so may not reply but just wanted a bit of reassurance blush

girlsyearapart Tue 13-Oct-09 09:17:50

No it's just you grin

Not really. Mine does this too she's 1.

Is done deliberately to wind up parents across the land.

Rycie Tue 13-Oct-09 09:54:59

I feel your pain...especially about the picking up thing. Maybe at night she just wants you near her, and so wants to sleep but with her mum close by. Grrr. smile

I think a lot of it is just frustration though - there's so much development happening and they get annoyed with their own inability to communicate their needs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now