Talk

Advanced search

How can get my DDs to keep her socks/shoes on?

(14 Posts)
BLEEPyouYOUbleepingBLEEP Sat 10-Oct-09 20:25:12

She's 8 hmm

It's only in the house, she doesn't walk down the street barefoot or anything lol

I've tried everything over the years, it was a while ago, but she did cut her foot on somehting in her bedroom and we had to take her to hosp.

Is it just me being pedantic because I was always being shouted at to get my slippers on when I was little? Or should I just get over it and accept she's just a freespirit with dirty feet who likes dancing round the house barefoot?

peacock19780 Sat 10-Oct-09 20:40:06

Go with barefoot and carefree and be glad you aren't wearing the shoes out. If she does get another cut, insist on the medic using a scary size needle to give local anaesthetic and she'll start wearing shoes.

LRB978 Sat 10-Oct-09 20:43:12

I'd let it go, but that could be because I'd be ecstatic if shoes and socks were all ds (7) took off. I have to remind him to keep something on to cover his genitals, cos he will happily walk around naked given half a chance. Not a major problem when it is just us in the house, until he answers the door/we have visitors etc.

(I accept it may not answer your problem, but thought it may make you feel slightly better)

Go with barefoot. I hate wearing shoes and socks and the first thing I do on getting home is take them off. DD1 is the same shoes and socks scattered everywhere!.
DH is the complete opposite. He is happy to spend the day in his bike boots [bleurgh] DD2 is the same as well, the first thing she does in teh morning is come to me with her shoes and begs me to put them on her. When she is still in her PJ'sgrin

peacock19780 Sat 10-Oct-09 20:53:04

We have the same problem. Timberlands in the summer, wellies with shorts, crocs when it's raining and multiple requests to change during the day.

mwff Sat 10-Oct-09 20:56:24

am really struggling to see problem with bare feet in house.

mwff Sat 10-Oct-09 20:57:27

but am looking forward to arrival of shoes-off-at-the-door peeps, those threads are always surprisingly entertaining.

peacock19780 Sat 10-Oct-09 21:00:39

We'd struggle with that, grandma wears her shoes even when feet up on sofa...

BLEEPyouYOUbleepingBLEEP Sat 10-Oct-09 21:28:24

We've got laminate/tile floors downstairs, so the 'PUT YOUR SLIPPERS ON' part of me thinks cold/dirty feet, stubbed toes, standing on spiders/slugs, do what I've asked you to please!

But then, I know that I might be causing myself stress with my slipper fascism, she is a good girl, perhaps I'm just trying to find something to keep her on her toes so to speak grin

mwff Sat 10-Oct-09 21:35:35

i think insisting on slippers cos you can't be arsed to clean the floors or remove the slugs is a little harsh wink

(although i agree that stepping on slugs is exceptionally grim what is the actual likelihood..?)

peacock19780 Sat 10-Oct-09 21:38:09

unless she's slipping around or getting injured then let her, my only wish for DS1's footwear is appropriate for temperature and so he doesn't fall over all the time!

BLEEPyouYOUbleepingBLEEP Sat 10-Oct-09 21:40:12

Lol mwff, it does sound like we live in a hovel doesn't it?? we do have probs with slugs in our hall, and even when I've just washed the floor her feet still get filthy, I've not worked that one out yet grin

mwff Sat 10-Oct-09 21:44:04

we have slugs in the bathroom/utility corner (only at night) and our floors only have clean patches at present cos we're potty training.

<mwff out-hovels bleep>

not bothered by bare feet though

slowreadingprogress Sat 10-Oct-09 21:58:23

blimey I wouldn't worry about this at ALL

nothing wrong with bare feet at home. I'm sure it's positively good for her feet.

Lighten up, ease up it really doesn't matter!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now