Talk

Advanced search

My 7month baby doesn't want to drink water

(5 Posts)
MARIETTAMA Sat 10-Oct-09 10:27:07

Mums I need your help. My baby doesn't like to drink water and pulls faces and cries everytime I tried. I have bought a couple of TommyT cups but no luck. I started yesterday giving him some water on a bottle and it worked until he realised it was actually water! Don't want to start mixing it with juice as I need him to get used to the water taste first otherwise it will be really difficult. Any suggestions? thanks!

LIZS Sat 10-Oct-09 10:33:59

I would n't worry , it isn't hot and he'll gradually get used to it if that is all you offer. He'll be getting enough fluids through other ways - milk , fruit and veg , yoghurt etc

SarfEasticated Sat 10-Oct-09 11:02:38

you don't need to worry about water yet, as Liz says it's not really hot now,
Is he still getting lots of milk? I was never too fussed about withdrawing the bottle all together, so didn't ever stress about beakers. Just do what your baby is comfortable with.

Gemzooks Sat 10-Oct-09 11:04:09

yes, I also wouldn't worry too much. make his food a bit sloppier, make sure he's getting plenty of milk, keep offering the water with his meals.. One tip that worked for me was warming the water slightly..

IsItMeOr Sat 10-Oct-09 11:07:53

Could you try offering things like cucumber sticks, which are mostly water and my 7mo DS seems to enjoy - if they're chilled they're supposed to comfort with teething too. Either way, he has a good chew of them, and I'm sure some moisture must go in smile.

I've not tried melon, but guess that would be similar?

Also, have you tried a doidy cup - I think my DS thinks it is a finger bowl as he always washes his hand in it, but it does seem to work better than a free-flowing sippy cup at the mo, obviously with mum/dad supervising to avoid water going absolutely everywhere...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now