Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions how to stop DD1 kicking me in the tummy while lying on the change table

(8 Posts)
CakeBuddy Fri 09-Oct-09 19:04:22

I am 10 weeks pregnant with triplets, and DD1 (nearly 2 years old) keeps kicking me in the tummy while she's lying on her change table. She's only recently started doing it, and doesn't realise that there are babies in there. I've tried explaining it to her but of course it's a huge thing to grasp. She's absolutely not an angry or aggressive child but thinks it's a great new game.

I've tried asking her nicely and explaining why, and I've tried distracting her with "where are your feet?" games to give her another activity with her feet than kicking me. But today I got angry, shouted at her and held her feet firmly away - totally unproductive response and just made her cry. I'd like to blame the hormones for being so impatient but that's just a cop out excuse. sad

Any suggestions gratefully received!

OnlyWantsOneFartleBerry Fri 09-Oct-09 19:08:27

turn the table round and change her side on so her tummy / chest is next to your tummy not her feet.

congrats on the triplets too - Ive seen your other threads, how amazingly exciting!

TwoSilverBalloons Fri 09-Oct-09 19:10:20

Change her standing up and use pull-ups?

TwoSilverBalloons Fri 09-Oct-09 19:11:21

And, yes congrats, going from one to four in 9 months - amazing!

MmeGoblindt Fri 09-Oct-09 19:13:15

I would either change her the other way around.

Don't feel bad about holding her feet though, I used to do that all the time with DS. He was a wriggler.

MmeGoblindt Fri 09-Oct-09 19:15:16

wah, that did not make sense. I was going to post either changing her the other way aroudn so that her feet not near you tummy OR on the floor.

Then I thought that since you are pregnant, the getting down on the floor is not going to be a good option for much longer.

Btw, be a good time to teach her to climb up onto the changing mat herself.

cat64 Fri 09-Oct-09 19:23:17

Message withdrawn

CakeBuddy Fri 09-Oct-09 19:48:17

Thank you ladies, I appreciate your suggestions. The change table is at the end of the bath so there's not enough space to stand side-on to her rather than at her feet.... hmm need to think.

I'm 6 foot tall so my legs are rather long...! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now