Talk

Advanced search

Winky for boys - but ??? for girls?

(17 Posts)
Yikess Fri 09-Oct-09 09:40:44

My husband and I are not sure what to tell our DD to call her 'bits' without it sounding stupid or too mature. We refer to the male parts as a 'winky' but are not sure what to say for the female parts? My mother told us it was a 'powder puff' - silly, DH told him it was a 'Mary' (this is totally unsuitable. Any help greatly appreciated!

wishingchair Fri 09-Oct-09 09:50:00

There have been so many threads about this. Lots of people say you should be correct and therefore call them penis and vagina but I have huge issue with the vagina thing ... the bit that a little girl sees is not her vagina, it is her vulva!

Anyway, we call it a front bottom, but when we've talked about babies I have said that they come out via a special hole/tunnel (?!) called a vagina and explained that is between where wee and poo come out.

Agree on the Mary issue - my friend's DH used this word with their DH completely forgetting fact that his MIL was also called Mary.

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 09-Oct-09 10:07:11

DD started our with a foofey, she changed it on her own to a woowoo, now she has a bit (in the singular). When i grew up I had a mini.

FrightsMonth Fri 09-Oct-09 10:23:22

DD has a fanny. Her friend has a mini.

DD's use either vulva or Foofoo (latter one not my choice!)
DS's willy or penis.

mazzystartled Fri 09-Oct-09 10:43:51

DD is 2.6, Ds is 5.

When they enquired I told them the proper names penis and vulva, and I refer to them as such.

Generally DS calls his his willy, and DD for reasons best known to herself calls hers her botty.

MaMight Fri 09-Oct-09 10:51:10

I've been meaning to ask on one of these threads; what is the difference between a vulva and labia?

BunnyLebowski Fri 09-Oct-09 11:00:07

We call it a minnie in this house.

Pmsl at powder puff grin. People are so weird!

BunnyLebowski Fri 09-Oct-09 11:00:25

DD's that is not mine.......just to clarify.

Monsterspam Fri 09-Oct-09 11:06:32

dd has a foof, her best friend has a Mary(!)

LadyGlencoraPalliser Fri 09-Oct-09 11:08:45

Vulva/vagina for us. I'm afraid I want to puke when I hear the cutesy names.

Cakesandale Fri 09-Oct-09 11:12:47

DH and I called DDs her privates: now we all refer to it as her Piffs - came about naturally - her first attempt to write the word "privates" came out as "Pifits" and it has just got naturally shortened. Works for us, we all know what we mean grin

preciouslillywhite Fri 09-Oct-09 11:17:20

I and many others of my age have a Front Bottom.

[stern emoticon]

My dds used to have fangitas, but now they're at school they both have fannies.

...the revolting whispered cutesy euphemisms I hear in the playground etc make me want to puuuuuuuuke!

Yikess Fri 09-Oct-09 11:35:24

Thanks for these - I shall have a think about it. Just so you know my parents named the male parts a 'polly' - my younger brother got confused with the nursery rhymn - Polly put the kettle on, my mum was promptly told not to be silly a polly cant put a kettle on!! that taught them. Brings a whole new meaning to Polyclinic?????

OneBoyOneGirl Fri 09-Oct-09 13:08:55

pmsl @ polly put the kettle on

Scorps Fri 09-Oct-09 13:13:50

We say foof, but dd is only 18 months. When i was small i had a 'wee-wee'.

DwayneDibbley Fri 09-Oct-09 13:22:20

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now