Talk

Advanced search

ok my little one now 2 is a real sensitive soul...is yours? this is what happened tonight

(9 Posts)
bumbly Thu 08-Oct-09 22:33:33

sat here with glass of wine to calm down

had first eve off in a while with hubby

gparents put little one to sleep

we come back and they say is still stirring

as soon as they leave cries screaming

go to lo and says grandma singing was not liked

poor thing been probably worrying in bed all night about a rhyme or someting!

is so sensitive and worries about being a baby again, when someone takes a toy, when cant work something out

will he survive our harsh world???

MavisEnderby Thu 08-Oct-09 22:37:12

Yes,he is 2,they are contrary,he has a loving mum,dad and GP

he wll be fine

catinthehat2 Thu 08-Oct-09 22:49:01

All babies/small children are bonkers I am convinced. 2 yrs old is still v young - he may remember and tell you in a few years time exactly what the problem was, but don't expect it to be anything less than utterly baffling and illogical (ie something you could have sorted out/told him at the time if he could explain it properly)

bumbly Fri 09-Oct-09 15:09:33

well and last night kept waking up till 5 am saying scared!

MegBusset Fri 09-Oct-09 15:13:59

Could it be night terrors -- DS1 is a similar age and has been having them lately -- wakes up screaming but can't say why. He is a sensitive soul too!

cloudedyellow Fri 09-Oct-09 20:13:36

I would imagine he was worrying about you & his dad not being there. He isn't really old enough at two to have an understanding of time and possibly thought you might never come back.

Grandma's singing was what he latched onto to express his anxiety. Grandma doesn't usually put him to bed. It was strange for him.

I expect his waking up scared was to check that you were there.

DippyDino Fri 09-Oct-09 23:49:51

At 2 my dd was similar, very sensitive about being called a baby, she was afraid of other children, even babies.

Now at 3.5 she trots off to nursery with hardly a backward glance and clearly loves the company of other children.

Don't worry, I bet he will improve with time!

smileyboy Sat 10-Oct-09 12:52:52

They are all utterly illogical and have weird phobias and fears at this age. They are just learning how to use their little thoughts and can't always control their imagination.

My ds is pretty easy going (usually) but he has had a few nights of waking up screaming saying 'scared'... scared of what I don't know because he just doesn't know himself!

He also has a big sulk if you call him a baby. He doesn't like other children being to rough around him as he panics and doesn't seem to understand it.

He really wants to be a big boy and it scares him when he is confused and doesn't understand someone's behaviour or logic.

They are all fairly sensitive at this age I think.. no wonder they call it the terrible twos, it is exhausting!

bumbly Sat 10-Oct-09 14:56:48

thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!

esp about knowing other toddlers can be scared of babies too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now