Talk

Advanced search

20mth ds with leaking nappies every night for past week - why??

(12 Posts)
jennymac Thu 08-Oct-09 14:05:04

Out of the blue, ds has woken up in the middle of every night for the past week completely soaked where his nappy has leaked. Had happened randomly before but never more than one or two nights in a row. He is not drinking any more than usual so I have no idea what is causing it. We have tried three different types of nappy (all of which he has worn before with no problems). Has anyone encountered similar problems?

Bellared Thu 08-Oct-09 14:20:39

Hi Jenny, DS is 16m and almost everynight since he started sleeping through for 12hours+ his nappy is full and leaking all over the place. If we use a certain brand they burst and the gel is everywhere. I've tried different types of nappy too and am only happy with the one we are using now but he is still soaked in the morning.

Some mornings they are falling off him cos they're that full! I know how you feel.

mumtoem Thu 08-Oct-09 15:14:20

The only suggestion I can give is to go to a bigger size. The larger sizes also contain more of the gel, so should be able to hold more.

IMoveTheStarsForNoOne Thu 08-Oct-09 15:17:34

DS is the same age - he can now go much much longer with a dry nappy, but then will suddenly do a huge wee which is liable to leak if he's lying on his side.

We now give him lots of water in the afternoon, and try and limit after dinner (obv will give him water if thirsty though!) and this seems to have helped.

What size nappies are you on?

jennymac Thu 08-Oct-09 16:52:03

Have tried 4+ and 5 nappies but they have made no difference. Wonder if I should try smaller nappies....Bellared - what nappy are you currently using?

Bellared Thu 08-Oct-09 20:50:47

Huggies. It was Pampers and Boots brand that burst. I've gone up to size 5 from size 4 and they are still pretty full in the morning but not as bad as if I were using the others so moving up a size has helped.

He does drink about a pint of juice a day though.

fuzzybrainjo Thu 08-Oct-09 21:59:48

I kept having the same problems with pampers, ended up using a supermarket brand which seem to be able to cope with the amount my ds wees overnight. He sleeps on his tummy and I found pampers were splitting across the top. Only have the odd one leaky nappy now.

j
x

NorktasticNinja Thu 08-Oct-09 22:10:08

Is the nappy leaking because it's full or because of a problem with the fit?

I don't use disposables myself, but someone on another thread I was on had success with pampers Active Fit. Apparently they are stretchier (or something) so fitted better and didn't leak. Wouldn't help if it's a fullness problem though...

IMoveTheStarsForNoOne Fri 09-Oct-09 00:35:39

why don't you try a bamboo towel inside the nappy? they're ridiculusly absorbant and it might help?

jennymac Fri 09-Oct-09 08:22:15

Thanks everyone for the advice. I have tried Pampers baby dry and both Tesco stay dry and stretch fit. I both both brands regularly and it hasn't been an issue before. I might try the Pampers active fit though as the other night, the nappy definitely wasn't very heavy but ds was soaked so it might have been the fit. What is a bamboo towel btw?!

jennymac Fri 09-Oct-09 08:22:57

Sorry - obviously that was "I use both brands regularly!"

IMoveTheStarsForNoOne Fri 09-Oct-09 08:45:20

Sorry, I mean a booster, thinking about it though, it probably wouldn't work with pampers. - here

Trial pack of LittleLamb migth be worth a look - they're very well fitting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now