Talk

Advanced search

addicted to sausages

(5 Posts)
teatank Tue 06-Oct-09 15:12:41

help! my ds is 17 months old and the only solid food he will eat are sausages. not the best of food choices i know but cant seem to convince him to eat anything else. he eats jars of food which i have to give to make sure he eats some sort of veg. any advice would be appreciated

RacingSnake Tue 06-Oct-09 20:08:26

DD started eating on a diet of sausages, garlic croutons, olives and cheese. hmm Luckily she also took to grapes, broccoli and strawberries. She still doesn't eat a very balanced diet, The key to introducing new foods was to get her friends eating around her - could you try that? For DD slightly older children worked best - have you got friends with vegetable-munching three-year olds?

teatank Wed 07-Oct-09 08:46:36

thanks racingsnake for your advice i will give it a go. his cousins who are 3 and 6 also treat good food like its the enemy. i feel a bit better after getting your message. its made me realise that a majority of children must be the same.

RacingSnake Wed 07-Oct-09 21:02:28

Except of course in all the very unrealistic 'parent a perfect toddler' books!

secretme2 Wed 07-Oct-09 21:39:20

I have a friend whose little girl(now 5) only ate sausages!!! She was at a food therapist when she was 2,they were going to admit her to a food clinic(in Chicago somewhere)!! She went through some programme overseas and eventually started eating other foods,but it took a while!

It actually sounds quite funny! ...I guess I could be a bit like that with chocolate sometimes!!lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now