Talk

Advanced search

2 year old not scared of..... but then reads about it and becomes scared of .....

(3 Posts)
bumbly Tue 06-Oct-09 14:53:41

hope this makes sense

eg monsters

but little one likes reading but sometinmes i worry that even toddler books make him scared of something - eg monsters whne he never was..even gruffalo is in fact a scRY book about running away from cute gruffalo

or saY behave nuaghtily since so many toddler books are about tidying up, please and sorry etc

etc so sometimes books actually make him see behaviour he never has done before and presto he now too is messy, rude etc

or say never goes to sleep as eg some books are about delaying going to sleep yet i can't shelter him from books

anyone feel this weird feeling like me!!!??

do i make sense????

feel a muppet and prob barking wrong tree

smileyboy Tue 06-Oct-09 16:01:27

I know what you mean. Especially about the monster thing. My ds was never scared of monsters/ never seen any obviously but now he talks about them all the time after we read a book called the Happy Monster Club.

As for the delaying sleep and being messy, I think that's just part of being a toddler and not something that is learned.

Books are there to give them access to experiences and people/ animals etc that they wouldn't normally have though so i wouldn't worry too much!

bumbly Tue 06-Oct-09 20:40:09

thanks don't feel sooo much of a twirp

but is worrying me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now