Advanced search

DD said to me yesterday, "When I grow up I want to be a nobody, just like you Mama"

(17 Posts)
MmeGoblindt Tue 06-Oct-09 13:57:11

She meant a SAHM, I think.

I hope.

For the last year she has wanted to be a swimming teacher when she is big so this is a change.

Acinonyx Tue 06-Oct-09 14:52:28

DD wants to fix car windows.

BustleInYourHedgerow Tue 06-Oct-09 14:54:41

Awwww! Is obviously what she meant! Nephew wants to be a rock star after hearing Metallica at my house yesterday.....cue lots of evil dirty looks from sister who thinks I let him listen to devil music. hmm

Geocentric Tue 06-Oct-09 14:56:09

Mine are still young enough to think that MN is "mummy's work" blush. I do work from home, on the computer, just not usually when they're around. Poor deluded darlings... grin

MmeGoblindt Tue 06-Oct-09 15:02:07

I "work" on MN as well, Geo. DD is learning to read though so will have to think of some ohter excuse soon.

leolantern Tue 06-Oct-09 15:06:26

I work on MN too. My DS announced to his year one teacher that he want to be a cleaner beacause he likes to hoover.

leolantern Tue 06-Oct-09 15:07:19

He has also wanted to be a 'mummy' in the past and was quite upset when I said he could be a daddy instead.

Geocentric Tue 06-Oct-09 15:08:01

leo, DS cleaned the whole bathroom yesterday after his bath (with the handtowel hmm). Maybe he should go into business with your DS...

Iklboo Tue 06-Oct-09 15:10:46

DS waved me off t'other day with 'I'm going to play - you go and do your woman's stuff'

I work full time and was only taking him to school cos I was working from home that day

orangina Tue 06-Oct-09 15:22:52

Ds (2.5) tends to put on a necklace of mine prior to "going to work" in a self important way.

(Can't go to work w/o a necklace OBVIOUSLY)

MmeGoblindt Tue 06-Oct-09 18:07:22

I do like "womens stuff".

DS a few years ago wanted to be a rocket ship when he grew up. Will ask him again tonight if he has changed his mind.

HKT Tue 06-Oct-09 18:16:05

My DS draws as much as he can, so may end up doing what I do - he does like an argument when he can throw in a "why can't you go out to work like normal mothers" for good measure, bless! MN is a good distraction from an aching hand, so I think counts as work (can I get away with that?blush)

Kerrymumbles Tue 06-Oct-09 18:21:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fernie3 Tue 06-Oct-09 20:38:39

my daughter has recently started reception and at the end of the day the teacher brings them out one at a time. The teacher couldnt remember what I looked like so she asked my daughter my daughter shouts out "she's fat"

I am now at weightwatchers hmm

MmeGoblindt Tue 06-Oct-09 21:29:55

Ouch, Fernie. How are you doing with the weightwatching?

There is a saying in German "kinder und besoffene sagen die wahrheit" children and drunks tell the truth. Sadly the truth hurts sometimes.

nouveaupauvre Sat 10-Oct-09 21:38:02

2yo ds has recently started playing at "going to work". it involves him going to the other side of the room, "doing the computer" (picking up abandoned piece of keyboard-shaped plastic and hitting it randomly, as if a chimp were typing). then he puts it down, sighs, and says: "Ds has had a hard day".
where he gets this from i do not know blush

Cyrli Sat 10-Oct-09 21:51:11

My daughter wants to be Peppa Pig when she grows up! She's also asked me what I want to be when I grow up - and I had no idea!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now