Talk

Advanced search

DD said to me yesterday, "When I grow up I want to be a nobody, just like you Mama"

(17 Posts)
MmeGoblindt Tue 06-Oct-09 13:57:11

She meant a SAHM, I think.

I hope.

For the last year she has wanted to be a swimming teacher when she is big so this is a change.

Acinonyx Tue 06-Oct-09 14:52:28

grin

DD wants to fix car windows.

BustleInYourHedgerow Tue 06-Oct-09 14:54:41

Awwww! Is obviously what she meant! Nephew wants to be a rock star after hearing Metallica at my house yesterday.....cue lots of evil dirty looks from sister who thinks I let him listen to devil music. hmm

Geocentric Tue 06-Oct-09 14:56:09

Mine are still young enough to think that MN is "mummy's work" blush. I do work from home, on the computer, just not usually when they're around. Poor deluded darlings... grin

MmeGoblindt Tue 06-Oct-09 15:02:07

I "work" on MN as well, Geo. DD is learning to read though so will have to think of some ohter excuse soon.

leolantern Tue 06-Oct-09 15:06:26

I work on MN too. My DS announced to his year one teacher that he want to be a cleaner beacause he likes to hoover.

leolantern Tue 06-Oct-09 15:07:19

He has also wanted to be a 'mummy' in the past and was quite upset when I said he could be a daddy instead.

Geocentric Tue 06-Oct-09 15:08:01

leo, DS cleaned the whole bathroom yesterday after his bath (with the handtowel hmm). Maybe he should go into business with your DS...

Iklboo Tue 06-Oct-09 15:10:46

DS waved me off t'other day with 'I'm going to play - you go and do your woman's stuff'

I work full time and was only taking him to school cos I was working from home that day

orangina Tue 06-Oct-09 15:22:52

Ds (2.5) tends to put on a necklace of mine prior to "going to work" in a self important way.

(Can't go to work w/o a necklace OBVIOUSLY)

MmeGoblindt Tue 06-Oct-09 18:07:22

I do like "womens stuff".

DS a few years ago wanted to be a rocket ship when he grew up. Will ask him again tonight if he has changed his mind.

HKT Tue 06-Oct-09 18:16:05

My DS draws as much as he can, so may end up doing what I do - he does like an argument when he can throw in a "why can't you go out to work like normal mothers" for good measure, bless! MN is a good distraction from an aching hand, so I think counts as work (can I get away with that?blush)

Kerrymumbles Tue 06-Oct-09 18:21:56

ah yes. i've had comments passed like this before. And I say something along the lines of...

yes, the nobody who cooks for you, cleans for you, keeps you safe, gives you love, buys you things, takes you to lessons, and sports and

you get the drift...

fernie3 Tue 06-Oct-09 20:38:39

my daughter has recently started reception and at the end of the day the teacher brings them out one at a time. The teacher couldnt remember what I looked like so she asked my daughter my daughter shouts out "she's fat"

I am now at weightwatchers hmm

sophie

MmeGoblindt Tue 06-Oct-09 21:29:55

Ouch, Fernie. How are you doing with the weightwatching?

There is a saying in German "kinder und besoffene sagen die wahrheit" children and drunks tell the truth. Sadly the truth hurts sometimes.

nouveaupauvre Sat 10-Oct-09 21:38:02

2yo ds has recently started playing at "going to work". it involves him going to the other side of the room, "doing the computer" (picking up abandoned piece of keyboard-shaped plastic and hitting it randomly, as if a chimp were typing). then he puts it down, sighs, and says: "Ds has had a hard day".
where he gets this from i do not know blush

Cyrli Sat 10-Oct-09 21:51:11

My daughter wants to be Peppa Pig when she grows up! She's also asked me what I want to be when I grow up - and I had no idea!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now