Talk

Advanced search

DD 8.5 months - sleeps/eats well but is babbling in the middle of the night LOUDLY !! keeping us all awake

(11 Posts)
herbgarden Tue 06-Oct-09 08:37:29

Has your baby done similar ? She is a great sleeper - during the day she has a little nap in the morning and a couple of hours at lunch (on days when I'm not at work) when DS watches some telly post lunch and I try to have a sit down. They all go down really well at 7pm. She's been pretty much no problem from the off. She's weaned and eats really well and I try to give her a good carb type meal at teatime so she's nice and full.

Really don't know what it is but I really do know that I'm knackered !!....

She has 8 teeth but wonder if her molars are coming through. She isn't screaming upset with pain or anything though when awake, it's almost as if she thinks it's all quite hilarious !

She's also started to try to crawl but isn't there (I reckon a couple of weeks off).

Any ideas !

herbgarden Tue 06-Oct-09 11:05:08

bump !

NorktasticNinja Tue 06-Oct-09 11:18:08

DD did this too, I think she was about that age at the time. It's just a phase, as is everything. She will stop again!

DD used to make different, more advanced, sounds during her night babbling than she did during the day. She's 22 months now and often has whole conversations with herself when she wakes from her nap, again the speak is much clearer than usual. It's as if they need privacy to practice hmm

herbgarden Tue 06-Oct-09 12:48:03

Thanks - I think I remember my DS doing it too but like everything it seems in the dark distant past !.

I just wish she'd keep the noise down !...the other night DH had left the monitor on downstairs on full volume but if we went down the alarm would need switching off waking DS - it was the most frustrating few hours....

NorktasticNinja Tue 06-Oct-09 13:42:39

Yes, it can be really rather loud can't it! Is she still in your room?

PigeonPair Tue 06-Oct-09 14:34:38

This post made me laugh because it is exactly what my DD does!! Like your DD, she is a fantastic sleeper but periodically she will have two or three nights in a row where she chats and laughs to herself in the middle of the night. She is now 15 months and I think was about 10 months when she started her nocturnal performances. She is not in our room but the baby alarm is, and even on the lowest setting, she is still really loud and so I have started to use earplugs. It does seems to come and go though so I have put it down to teeth coming through. The saving grace is that she just drifts back to sleep after a while so I don't have to get up!!

herbgarden Tue 06-Oct-09 18:33:32

No, not in our room - we've not ever really had her in our room as none of us sleep very well !!....

I think she might have teeth coming through too. Thing is she copes fine during the day with it and isn't even overly miserable. She's been an easy baby to date so I can't really get myself overly wound up about it until I don't get a good nights sleep 4 nights on the trot and have to get up for work......grrrrrr......

pigletmania Tue 06-Oct-09 19:52:58

Lucky you seriously! mine when she was teething would cry and cry all night like a banshee. Sorry no advice but could be worse.

herbgarden Tue 06-Oct-09 20:32:14

Pigletmania - I say that to Dh when he moans that we really should thank our lucky stars that our two have been pretty good at night save for the "usual" teeth/colds/cough sort of stuff.....he should read what some people go through and he might stop whingeing grin

pigletmania Tue 06-Oct-09 20:42:16

yes indeedy herbgarden, our dd was a nightmare when teething and with the colic, really you could hear her down the street it was like a megaphone and at night sad I said to myself in August thank goodness that is over now we can enjoy peaceful nights, she is 2.7 years now. As soon as i open my big mouth as is always the case, dd starts to refuse goint into her room at night, screaming like pain. We would put her to bed at about 8.30 by the time she was settled it was 10.30-11pm so nackered had to go to bed myself early. Then we would be rudely awoken by more wailing at 2-3am, by the time she was settled i would fass asleep out of pure exhaustion at about 5am to be awoken at 7.30am. This lasted a few weeks and thank goodness is over i hope grin

I would rather hear the dulcet tones of babbeling over the wailing like a banshee.

dinkystinkystein Tue 06-Oct-09 21:10:13

Herb - I feel your pain. Danny has been doing a delightful 2 hours awake in the middle of the nights stint ever since I went back to work!! I KNOW he knows how to settle himself back to sleep but he just wants to be awake and interact - repeat after me, its just a phase and will pass... hopefully...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now