Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sorry need a bit a help.... again?

(7 Posts)
hayleylou Thu 09-Jun-05 11:55:47

I need a little advise. "I have built a rod for my own back" as they say? Last week I wasn't feeling to well so I put on dvd's for ds who is 2.5yrs. Now he wants them on all the time and screams and shouts (high pitch) until I give in. From today I have say him down and said that he can watch one and then it goes off, but when it has finishes he starts agin.
I have tried ignoring him, time out until he has calmed down, making cakes and going to the park, but he always comes back screaming. Should I stick with it or give in? HELP

RnB Thu 09-Jun-05 11:57:24

Message withdrawn

lilaclotus Thu 09-Jun-05 11:58:59

we used to have something similar with cbeebies. dd wanted to watch it all day and screamed if i turned it off. i can only take so much of it and 3 runs of the same programs was just insane. i managed to get over that by saying she could watch it after nursery (from about 4 till 6). maybe you could make it a regular slot in the day where he watches one film?

Fran1 Thu 09-Jun-05 12:31:38

My dd spent a good few months being totally addicted to anything on the tv, and the fact that she could turn it on herself didn't help!
I decided not to make a big fuss, i'd just try and keep her busy so she didn't think about it.

She is now 2.5 and very rarely wants tv, only when she's tired, and she normally watches one or two cbeebies progs and then falls asleep for her daytime nap.

I truely think she overdosed on tv, and thats why we have complete opposite now, she's just bored stiff of it.

We only have one tv in the front room, and my kitchen/dining room are open plan, i think spending most of our time playing in their or in the garden helped her to forget about tv.

hayleylou Thu 09-Jun-05 13:03:58

After 2 hours of moaning ds seems to have settled down. Just come back from park and he has only had a 1 minute paddy.

koalabear Thu 09-Jun-05 13:07:04

stick to your guns - you are the adult - he will eventually lose interest - he will only continue the paddies if he works out that having one works!

horseshoe Thu 09-Jun-05 13:51:08

Fran1, Same here with DD1, If I attempt to sing her balamory she goes mad yet she loved it a few months back. She prefers a book now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now