Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cradle Cap

(15 Posts)
BustleInYourHedgerow Mon 05-Oct-09 11:56:59

Hi, does anyone have any remedies for cradle cap? Poor DS is covered in it....

TIA

girlsyearapart Mon 05-Oct-09 12:01:07

My SIL looked after my dd2 when she had it.
Covered her head in Vaseline then combed/picked it off.
I was a bit shock but it worked.

BornToFolk Mon 05-Oct-09 12:01:29

The only thing that worked for DS was Boots cradle cap cream. It's quite a thick cream so you need to rub it in a couple of hours before bath time, then wash out.

JoeyBettany Mon 05-Oct-09 12:03:09

I've just cured dd's cradle cap by applying a mixture of savlon liquid and aqueous cream (or you could use savlon cream) to her head last thing at night and leaving it on.

In the morning, I wash out and comb through with a fine comb (a nit comb). Worked a treat! I do this once a week to keep on top of it .My mum told me this, I was at my wits end, the doctor and the HV didn't really seem to have a clue.

ki28 Mon 05-Oct-09 12:05:00

hi, i used olive oil. it made it easier and softer to wash off.

Undercovamutha Mon 05-Oct-09 12:06:28

How old is your DD JoeyBettany?
My DD is 3 and has very thick long hair. Despite my best efforts since she was born, I still haven't managed to get rid of her cradle cap completely. Sorry to hijack, but any ideas? Its so hard to even see it now, through all her hair.

BustleInYourHedgerow Mon 05-Oct-09 12:08:00

Thanks everyone, must get cracking and try these out!

Carrotfly Mon 05-Oct-09 12:13:49

Undercover I used head and shoulders on my 3 year old and it worked a treat, only needed 1 application. God knows what was in it !

Not sure I'd try something quite as harsh with a newborn though.

Yorky Mon 05-Oct-09 12:14:24

Lush dream cream, makes her hair look horribly greasy but shampoos out OK and work wonders

MrsDinky Mon 05-Oct-09 12:15:34

Hi, my DD is also 3, she still had it pretty badly, I massaged in sunflower oil (while she watched telly) and then combed/scraped it all out with a nit comb, running it flat across her scalp, it came away very easily, wish I had done it ages ago. Her hair is quite fine and short though, and had to wash it twice to get rid of the oil.

insertwittynicknameHERE Mon 05-Oct-09 12:15:58

I use dentinox cradle cap shampoo, works great.
My mum swore by cider vinegar, I tried it with DD1 and it worked I just cannot stand the smell lol.

duende Mon 05-Oct-09 12:29:02

we also use dentinox cradle cap shampoo and it works well.

sheeplikessleep Mon 05-Oct-09 12:36:43

For babies, I've used Jojoba oil, rubbed it in for a few days (about twice a day) and then brushed it out (all the bits just came off in the brush, very satisfying). DS had greasy head for 2-3 days, but it worked a treat.

naturopath Mon 05-Oct-09 14:15:31

I washed both my ds's hair with dermol 500 lotion - dermatologist recommended it. worked both times. It's a moisturiser that you can use as a soap substitute as well.

mamatilly Mon 05-Oct-09 21:27:08

lots of olive oil seemed to help... but i am actually alittle sad that the cradle cap phase has passed - i loved my scaly baby!!!

yes his soft hair is beautiful too but those yellow scales made me love him so tenderly xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now