Talk

Advanced search

16mo dd hitting and biting...

(3 Posts)
laurawantsababy Sun 04-Oct-09 21:17:35

My 16mo dd has started hitting a lot and bites on occasion.

You can see in her eyes that she is in a mood and when she will do it. She knows its wrong because she looks at you when she does it and waits for a reaction.

The first few times she did it I told her off and sat her away from me on the floor. Since that didnt work I am now ignoring her but its getting worse.

Any ideas, is it just a phase? Should I carry on ignoring her or go back to telling her its wrong and giving her time out? Thanks.

Zebra33 Mon 05-Oct-09 19:35:55

This is really tough one, it is a stage they go through but you still need to set the boundaries. My DS was doing at a stage & it's really awful when they do it to other children. I gave my DS immediate time out whenever he did it just so that he could get the message that it is not acceptable EVER! He grew out of it thank goodness!

laurawantsababy Mon 05-Oct-09 19:58:07

Thanks. She has been worse today and I have carried on ignoring her. Maybe tomorrow I will sit her away from her toys and explain its wrong.

She is the devil child sometimes!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now