Talk

Advanced search

cot rage

(3 Posts)
curlychloe Fri 02-Oct-09 13:36:22

My one year old hates his cot despite sleeping in it since he was 3 months old. Whenever we put him down for the night he goes wild, eventually falling over asleep. While he's doing this we leave him alone and pop our heads around the door every few minutes to check he's OK.

Day time napping is worse as he doesn't eventually fall asleep. He'll only have a nap in his pram or car seat. We're expecting baby 2 in 6 months and desperately trying to train him into a nap in his bed... Anyone got any ideas on how to get past this cot rage?

FairyLightsForever Fri 02-Oct-09 13:50:05

My DD hated her cot and refused to lay down in it, clinging to the bars, screaming.
I moved her into a toddler bed at about 14 or 15 months and she's slept much better since then, she obviously just grew to hate the bars.

Geocentric Fri 02-Oct-09 13:53:04

DS hated the cot, too. Nighttime only improved when he started to walk - we immediately moved him first to a matress on the floor, then to a bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now