Talk

Advanced search

10month old not rolling, drags leg when attempting to crawl/bum shuffle.

(9 Posts)
misdee Thu 01-Oct-09 20:00:54

would that bbe a concern?

am trying not to be precious 4th born over her.

dd4 doesnt roll over. which is a pain as she cant get back up when she flops backwards.

she does bumshuffle well, and has started commando crawling also.

however have noticed she doesnt use one of her legs well. she drags it when commando crawling, and when going from shuffle to crawling mode it gets stuck under her, and we have to free it for her as she cant seem to do it.

she has been shuffling on and off for about 2months, and only commando crawling properly in the last fortnight. but has been getting ready by going from shuffle to 'about to crawl' position with leg stuick for a while now.

GirlsAreLOud Thu 01-Oct-09 20:07:30

DD didn't roll til about 10.5 months.

In fact she didn't pull up, bum shuffle, crawl, move in any way, shape or form either.

She crawled on all fours at 11.5 months and now at 13.5 months can do everything bar walk without support (crawl, pull up, cruise, push walker, walk on reins).

Your DD is doing far more than mine was at that age and mine is not delayed developmentally.

Scottie22 Thu 01-Oct-09 20:11:56

What about when you stand her up? Can she bear weight on both legs?

My ds used to commando crawl using his arms and one leg - usually his knee to pivot around the room. It looked very odd!

Neither of my two rolled very much at all tbh. You could get her checked out if worried - can't do any harm and might put your mind at rest...

BooBooChicken Thu 01-Oct-09 20:17:51

my dd didn't roll, crawl or bear weight at this age. she was also off the chart for height and weight. the HV referred me to the gp who said,
"stuff and nonsense, your dd will do everything in her own time."
he checked there was nothing physically wrong with her and said,
"MY ds didn't walk or talk until he was 2 years old, and now he's 22, 6ft 3 and rows for his university team" (or some such jolly-ness)
my dd is now 6 and fine. she walked at 15 mths and may yet run in the olympics!

misdee Thu 01-Oct-09 20:17:59

thanks. she is wanting to stand, and can stand holding on.

thanks for the reassurence. older dd's did things a lot earlier, so was unsure if i should be concerned.

pivoting is one way of putting it grin she is very funny to watch

jenniferq Thu 01-Oct-09 20:20:30

misdee, my DS doesnt roll over at 10.5 months, and neither did my DD (who is now 2.3).  My DD not very mobile, crawled at 11.5 months, and walked at 15 months.  To date, DS has followed very very similar physical development paths, so unlike with DD, I am not worried about DS, as I have DD to say "oh he'll get there!"!  He gets around now, but not quite sure how!  he drags and moves, but doesnt bum shuffle/commando crawl/anything conventional!  As I understand it, the one thing for concern at this age, as scottie says, is the weightbearing thing.  If your DD can do that, IMVHO (and very limited experience!) there is nothing to worry about.

Yorky Thu 01-Oct-09 20:32:24

Hi Misdee, I came to ask if my DD (also Nov08) was a late developer because its taken her till the last couple of nights to learn to roll onto her tummy in bed and get really cross cos she can't roll back over! Another one legged bum shuffler too!

jenniferq Thu 01-Oct-09 20:41:00

mine also nov 08 - and doesnt eg roll over in bed. I can 100% guarantee whenever I go in there that he will still be on his back, he shifts up the bed, but never any more than that! Yorky - would be SO impressed by DS if he managed to roll onto tummy in bed wink!

misdee Thu 01-Oct-09 22:50:21

oh yes, she stays in the same place in the cot and screams until i come to her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now