Talk

Advanced search

Does colief actually work for anyones LO?

(8 Posts)
whereisthesun Wed 30-Sep-09 15:13:29

My DD has bad wind it seems to get worse in the evening and during the night where she really struggles. We have tried Infacol, gripe water and Dentinox and none seem to help. I thought before I spent yet more money on these medicines I would see if anyone had any experience of colief working or not?
Thanks

ThePrettiestStar Wed 30-Sep-09 16:05:01

No, I just found with all of mine that it was a stage that would pass..... normally around 3 months.

How old is DD? Have you consulted a professional about it?

ThePrettiestStar Wed 30-Sep-09 16:06:21

Oh also, we use Dr Brown bottles with DD2 which I swear by.

paddingtonbear1 Wed 30-Sep-09 16:12:28

dd was like this, my HV recommended we try colief. The problem didn't go away totally but it did improve a lot.
A friend of mine used to swear by Dr Brown bottles.

JimmyMcNulty Wed 30-Sep-09 18:30:47

Colief helps with a specific problem (transient lactase deficiency), so it depends if that is really her problem - hard to tell I know! It didn't work for ds1 as it turned out his problem was silent reflux, but you can only try these things.

SuperAmoo Thu 01-Oct-09 21:17:37

Colief didn't work for my LO but Biocare Lactase Enyzme Liquid which is half the price and appears to have the same ingredients worked miraculously well. My DD had all the signs of transient lactase deficiency - green nappies, constant straining and grunting, obviously in pain, crying, not being able to sleep, terrible nappy rash, constantly hungry etc. After just a couple of feeds with the drops, she was totally different. Colief did absolutely nothing though I gave my LO the same amount at the same time in the same way.

sambo2 Fri 02-Oct-09 15:35:27

Like Jimmy, I used Colief - didn't seem to make much difference and then it transpired my DS had silent reflux. I changed his formula to an over the counter one called Enfamil AR (anti-reflux) and the wind/discomfort/unsettledness stopped from the first bottle. If you can then 'persuade' your GP that your LO has silent reflux, you can get the Enfamil on prescription!

NB you will need a much larger teat size!

heverhoney1 Fri 02-Oct-09 22:49:53

Yes worked brilliantly for my DD in conjunction with Dr brown bottles. If you press hard enough you can get colief on prescription!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now