Talk

Advanced search

So this morning DD announced she wanted to wear big girl knickers

(6 Posts)
SardineQueen Wed 30-Sep-09 09:06:02

Then 10 mins later peed all over the floor hmm

She is 2.2 and has just started nursery and noted that the big girls there use the toilet. She has done 2 wees on the potty one day in the summer - it was hot and she didn't have nappy etc on and we put the potty out and the next thing she has done a wee in it shock But she wasn't really interested and I was about to have a baby so we left it.

So what now? I'm not sure that she's ready (she doesn't seem particularly aware - "poo come out" in the bath quite regularly and also she wees around the place after her bath. But she's adamant that she won't have a nappy on. At the mo she is going around in her t-shirt and I keep asking her if she wants a wee or a poo.

And we are supposed to go up to my mums later and cavort on her immaculate plush carpets...

I know it's been done a million times - but please come and tell mr what to do!

SardineQueen Wed 30-Sep-09 09:45:20

Well "mummy wee come out again" just now...

Any advice? I don't think she's ready. But then I have to tell her she has to wear a nappy even though she doesn't want to - is that bad?

Help! smile

FernieB Wed 30-Sep-09 10:05:29

Any chance she'll be swung by pull-ups? Or let her wear big girls pants over her nappy until you feel she's ready.

SardineQueen Wed 30-Sep-09 15:18:38

Thanks Fernie! She's in pull ups already, have already played that card!

She let me put one on to go to granny's and she seems to have forgotten about it again for now...

I think I'd better do some research on how to go about it all ASAP smile

GhostMoon Wed 30-Sep-09 15:28:48

I have boys so I guess it might be slightly different but I use the phrase, "Remember to feel the wees in your willy so that you can go on the potty." It seems to have worked. It's taken a while mind you and if you can convince her to wear pull ups when you need her to then I think you're on the way to getting sorted. Accidents will happen mind and it's difficult to keep calm but trying to see the funny side often helps.

I used a sticker reward tech as well so that he was excited when he'd managed to get it on the pot because he'd get a sticker.

Goodluck Hon.

X

SardineQueen Wed 30-Sep-09 18:12:42

Sticker chart sounds like a good plan.

I am going to keep quiet about the whole thing for a bit and hope she forgets for a while!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now