Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When good eaters go bad!...

(7 Posts)
TheVillageIdiot Wed 08-Jun-05 08:41:21

DD used to be a very good eater but now seems to have morphed into a processed-X and Chips kinda gal..

I need ideas how to flip it around again, I'm thinking about forcing her to go cold turkey and putting up with the tantrums but I', not sure that's best in the long run (also will be hard to enforce with other who look after her). What do you think?

Nemo1977 Wed 08-Jun-05 08:50:42

hi how old is she
DS son is 20mths and has gone through stages of loving 'normal' food and then going for process3ed stuff so what i used to do was put more normal than processed on plate so he could still eat something but then had normal at same time iykwim. Luckily enough he has gone back to eating more of the good stuff

TheVillageIdiot Wed 08-Jun-05 09:03:21

She'll be 3 in about 3 weeks

Nemo1977 Wed 08-Jun-05 09:04:47

just try the more of good stuff than processed then she may eat it feeling appeased by site of her fave mixed with veg or potato etc.

Carla Wed 08-Jun-05 09:12:28

Ooooooooh, ef, dd1 was the same at 8 months. She's pushing on 7 now, and still the same. dd2 eats anything, if it's any consolation.

TheVillageIdiot Wed 08-Jun-05 09:14:37

I have been doing that but she has just stopped eating it.

The problem is more obvious when eating out, I used to be able to get her a childrens chicken curry, spag bol, roast dinner etc but now she just wants chicken nuggets/fish fingers etc she's not actually eating the chips either really. e.g. yesterday she wanted fish and chips, she ate the fish and let the chips and beans (didn't even touch them) saying that she was full.

I'm not overly worried at the moment, just irritated I think as we started off so well and I feel like I've gone wrong somewhere. I should add that my brother is a terrible eater and would hate for her to end up like that

Carla Wed 08-Jun-05 12:01:28

TVI, you haven't gone wrong anywhere. It's just how they are. Like I said, dd1's nearly 7, and I'm still waiting for something to change.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now