Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm sure someone has been here? Diaper dilemma...

(10 Posts)
WonderBundlesMommy Mon 28-Sep-09 19:18:14

DS (16m) has just become tremendously entertained by removing his diaper, day and night. He can also undo it through clothing, so there is really no stopping him! Needless to say this has created a bit of a challenge (and a lot of cleanup)!

His diapers are cloth, velco closing, fitted diapers. My DH has severe rheumatoid arthritis but wanted to be able to participate fully in every part of parenting, so velco was the only option as he cannot manage snaps or pins, etc.

I used to sew cloth diapers so am more than willing to make any modifications suggested but have no idea what to do? I know this is a common behaviour so there must be some great suggestions out there that I'm just not thinking of? Any ideas appreciated!

moaningminniewhingesagain Mon 28-Sep-09 21:44:02

I know some people have tried putting a waterproof wrap on backwards, over the top, to fox them?

I found that a poppered vest helps too but not sure if your DH would manage with that. And dungarees!

WonderBundlesMommy Mon 28-Sep-09 23:10:14

Thanks for the response MMWA, I thought the backwards wrap was a great idea so tried it right away and he thinks it is a great challenge! But yes, he can remove it.

Dungarees, definitely worth a shot! Will give it a try tomorrow! The greatest challenge is bedtime, what on earth would stop him at night? He currently wears a sleeper of some sort depending on temperature and a grobag. Though he cannot open the grobag, he can undo everything that is inside it through the bag and it makes for some interesting discoveries when we open the bag each morning!

mathanxiety Tue 29-Sep-09 04:14:29

How about replacing the velcro with straps on each side that have a large hook and eye? Don't know if your DH could manage these, though. Or those closure things that you find on menswear style pants, a thin hook over a straight part? Only other thing I can think of is D-ring straps.

WonderBundlesMommy Tue 29-Sep-09 18:10:19

Hmm, great ideas thanks! We are off to the fabric store right now to see if I can find that thin hook thing from men's pants.... much appreciated!

sarah293 Tue 29-Sep-09 18:11:10

Message withdrawn

UniS Tue 29-Sep-09 20:17:36

Gaffa tape. Once round and a little over lap.

Big pants OVER nappy wrap, under sleep suit.

WonderBundlesMommy Wed 30-Sep-09 15:01:05

Oops...Nappies - sorry! blush The pants (light shorts) over wrap under sleeper idea is successful! Yay! And today has started off mess-free due to dungarees! Going to have to get more of those! Thanks SO much everyone! grin

sarah293 Wed 30-Sep-09 15:03:09

Message withdrawn

UniS Wed 30-Sep-09 19:24:56

arn't they just. I miss them now boy is potty trained and in elastic waisted stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now