Talk

Advanced search

I need a present for 2yo DD2!

(20 Posts)
JackBauer Sun 27-Sep-09 20:55:22

It's her birthday in a week and I was going to make her a doll but it isn't going to happen. She is getting jigsaws and cars and a tape deck thing but DH and I need something special, but not too big as the house is full of stuff that DD1 has got (she is 3) And preferably something DD1 isn't going to fight her too badly for.
Budget is extra small too! ANy ideas?!

colditz Sun 27-Sep-09 20:56:08

Playdoh

they can share the playdoh.

JackBauer Sun 27-Sep-09 21:06:11

We have loads of playdoh though. They do like it (although I make salt dough as she eats ithmm)
I want something new and exciting!

colditz Sun 27-Sep-09 21:09:39

It's difficult when you have two the samw gender ....b how about a wooden train track?

JackBauer Sun 27-Sep-09 21:26:24

Got one. Sorry.

<<ungrateful>>

We also have lego, tents, bricks, small dollshouse, doll,s animals cars, garages, books.

Dh and I are convinced there is wome 'wonder toy' that I a doting family memeber hasn't bought for DD1, but there isn't. Poor DD2!

MrsBadger Sun 27-Sep-09 21:41:10

bike/trike?

colditz Sun 27-Sep-09 21:56:20

get her some really lovely clothes instead. 2 is too young to understand that shiny paper holds presents.

tots2ten Sun 27-Sep-09 22:22:05

how about a trampoline? (and what can I get her? grin)

BlueberryPancake Mon 28-Sep-09 11:11:26

a personalised CD with her name in the songs? We received one for our DS2 (they have only 18 months difference) and they both love the songs. We received it from godmother, and she ordered it from Hamleys.

beesonmummyshead Mon 28-Sep-09 13:49:14

a small bouncy castle? you can get decent second hand ones for less than £40, a big hit with my dd (aged 2)

Hersetta Mon 28-Sep-09 15:40:17

My DD turned 2 recently and her favourite presents were a talking teaset and a mini micro scooter.

JackBauer Mon 28-Sep-09 16:11:26

Hey tots, how about a tardis to keep all this crap ingrin
No room for a tramploline or castle, we have no garden to speak off, and what there is is all gravel so can't use wheels or anything vaguely possible to fall off.
Also on the side of a hill, which is why DD1 doesn't use her trike muchhmm

We are thinking a nice doll, but then get stuck trying to choose one.

nondomesticgoddess Mon 28-Sep-09 19:52:45

Could you get her several smaller things? Like sticker books, character bowls/plates/cutlery, DVD, socks, crayons, anything with her name on (then it will be different to her sister's) like a cup...
She would probably love opening lots of presents and at that age they have no idea what value different things have. You could get a big cardboard box and fill it with lots of wrapped (but cheap!) goodies.
No wonder toy ideas though, I'm afraid!

hairycaterpillar Mon 28-Sep-09 19:56:30

What about a hobby horse.

JackBauer Mon 28-Sep-09 20:09:06

I quite liek that idea actually nondg. The problem we have is a veyr good and cheap charity ship so the big stuff comes from there as and when I see it but I could manage lots of little 'new' things...
will keep thinking!

(got 2 hobby horses!)

CrackWhoretoPaulDacre Mon 28-Sep-09 20:11:09

xylophone? Not too unpleasant a noise at 5 in the morning, and encourage any latent musicianship?

Innat Mon 28-Sep-09 21:20:39

a little toy truck/bus or cars. my dd (2) loves these.

Innat Mon 28-Sep-09 21:22:52

sorry just re-read that you already have cars...the "my mummy's bag" book is good.

blowninonabreeze Tue 29-Sep-09 12:13:32

When DD1 was 2 my dad got her a duck similar to this one, that she just loved.

All children who visit the house love them (we now have 2 as DD2 got one at birth from DD1)

They are still in almost daily use now and DD2 is 3.5

pranma Tue 29-Sep-09 22:43:01

pop up tunnel
fairy dress
pots and pans
toaster[ELC]or other household stuff
shopping trolley with play food
farm[wonderful if you dont have one]
easel and chalk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now