Talk

Advanced search

constant rude toddler, driving me crazy....

(3 Posts)
milkybarsrus Sat 26-Sep-09 11:22:06

My 3 year old has always been, lets say a challenge! I have 2 other children and they responded to things completely differantly to this little chap. I can honestly say that every other sentance is either rude, grumpy, even sarcastic (at age 3!!). He just doesn't seem to be happy unless he gets his own way and even if he does, it doesn't last. He is contrary in the extreme where everything is a battle. I don't need any more battles or moodiness as my other 2 are teenagers, so hormones flying all over the place! Would like some ideas on how to stop him being so rude and back chatting all the time please.
p.s I am so looking forward to 'empty nest syndrome'.hmm

pamelat Sat 26-Sep-09 12:21:59

Hi sorry I dont have any advise but I feel like my 20 month old DD is the same sad but then think she is far too young to be being intentionally difficult?

I read (and have tried to adopt) an approach which says that they are who they are and you have to just try to accept that (hard) and realise its not your fault.

Personally I a more tempted to pay someone to come and live with us for a week and tell us what we are doing wrong sad. But its your 3rd child so it kind of proves its not about the parenting techniques.

Hope someone posts some usual advice, will keep my eye out.

clop Sat 26-Sep-09 12:33:04

Well,on the positive side he sounds quite precocious, articulate and bright.

Do you think he's picked up bad attitude from the teenagers?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now