Talk

Advanced search

Sleepwalking?

(3 Posts)
flyingdolphin Fri 25-Sep-09 20:52:37

My goodness, my 6yo dd just got up from bed, came in the sitting room, pulled down her pants, sat on a chair and peed, then pulled then up again and went back to bed and back to sleep...we just gaped and didn't know what to do - I think I remember being told once that you shouldn't wake up sleepwalkers...I assume she is sleepwalking, my dh sleepwalked and did things like this when he was little (so my in-laws tell me). It went away when he was 8 or 9.
She has never done anything like this before.

Please please tell me this has happened to somebody else...it is sort of funny, but a bit freaky...just sort of glad we don't have carpets in the sitting room.

frakkinpannikin Fri 25-Sep-09 20:55:34

I still sleepwalk.

I used to wander round in a white nightie when I was little looking like a little ghost.

I have: walked through a dinner party my parents were having to get myself a drink of water, fed the fish, done my piano practise, done su-doku (that as an adult!) but never peed in a char.

Sleepwalking is very freaky, but also quite normal and can be very amusing. How's the chair?!

flyingdolphin Fri 25-Sep-09 21:13:39

The chair is damp and smelly.
My dh apparently peed on the telephone once when he was little in his sleep.
He also unlocked the front door and started walking down the street, my father-in-law caught up with him before he reached the main road...
I wish I could get her to do her homework whilst sleepwalking, that would save us a lot of time.
Does sleepwalking run in the family I wonder?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now