Talk

Advanced search

birthday present for a 7 yr old girl?

(9 Posts)
redheadmum Fri 25-Sep-09 16:56:09

My DD is going to be 7 in a few weeks and I'm a bit stumped on presents. I don't want to get anything computery. I'd like to widen her horizons a bit maybe, or just get her something that's fun!

She likes pink and princesses but she's not really into dolls. I think she struggles to find something she really likes, and envies her brother's obsession with cars/boy stuff.

Any ideas?

shockers Fri 25-Sep-09 17:03:57

My daughter has never played with dolls but she does love dressing up, puzzles and board games.
We try to get something for the garden on birthdays too, trampoline,swing,tent, slide etc. ( not all on the same birthday though!!)
Hope she has a fun birthday!

redheadmum Fri 25-Sep-09 17:08:07

My little princess LOVES TV or the computer or anything like it. I have to be really strict about how much time she watches because I'm sure she would just sit there for hours otherwise! I want to try and broaden her horizons a bit...she loves reading so I'm going to get her some books that she can read herself, but I struggle for games that she might like. Her brother is 4 so he's often not old enough to play some games and it all ends in tears.

dressing up is a good idea - she likes being super girl!!

thanks - anyone else out there????

buy1get1free Fri 25-Sep-09 17:13:26

What a bout a 'Girls World' ? They get to do their make up and change the hair style etc. My niece loved it.

Plonker Fri 25-Sep-09 17:22:17

Scooter?
Bike?
My dd (6) loves the fur-real little animals ...how about something like that?
Failing that, art stuff. My dd is in heaven with a big box of paper/card/stickers/gel pens/scented pens/feathers etc.

Games-wise, dd loves snakes and ladders, guess who, monopoly and an air ice hockey game she got for Christmas last year smile

hth

Takver Fri 25-Sep-09 17:29:05

Rollerblades? Only suggesting them cos my (7 yo) dd's friend has come round with some and they have been playing outside for the last 2 hours pushing each other up & down the alley screaming with laughter grin
FWIW said friend's rollerblades are pink with Bratz on them, if that helps make them attractive!

Plonker Fri 25-Sep-09 17:49:07

Oh yeh, rollerblades are a hit here too grin

Ruby40 Fri 25-Sep-09 19:11:46

Playmobil...great stuff and indestructible. Junior monopoly?

redheadmum Fri 25-Sep-09 20:40:02

lots of ideas - thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now