Talk

Advanced search

milk teeth and second teeth

(8 Posts)
madmothership Fri 25-Sep-09 02:11:03

Can anyone remind me when the milk teeth fall out and the second teeth start to grow in?

I have absolutely no recollection of when this happened to me - and have come up with a zero when I've tried searching here.

I need to know so I can gear up for the tooth fairy.

sandcastles Fri 25-Sep-09 04:13:12

Here is a couple of charts that may help. Scroll down for the permanent teeth.

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 25-Sep-09 07:42:21

My dd 8.4 has only lost four teeth! She has a very small jaw, but large gob and that will cause her problems in about 6 months according to her delightful dentist - aka Mr show me the money Swede. Tooth fairy was a hit until JoJo told her that it's your mum who gives the money. don't you just love parents who don't lie to children?

rabbitstew Fri 25-Sep-09 19:27:23

My ds1 seems to be getting his second teeth unusually early - his two bottom front teeth started coming through when he was only 4 (and he looked like jaws for a while, with baby teeth still in situ at the same time for a couple of months) and two bottom back molars shortly after his 5th birthday. A recent trip to the dentist revealed 3 more loose teeth, I think all at the top, indicating the imminent arrival of yet more teeth, and he's only 5 and a half. She did agree this is really very early, though, particularly for a boy - girls tend to get their teeth through a bit earlier than boys, apparently. Most children have started getting 2nd teeth through by the age of 6, though.

TheFoosa Fri 25-Sep-09 19:29:26

grin kreecherlivesupstairs

ramonaquimby Fri 25-Sep-09 19:31:42

dd didn't loose any teeth until just after her 6th birthday.

she is 8 now and has lost 4 on bottom and 4 on top
that's it so far

izzybiz Fri 25-Sep-09 19:37:16

My Dd was 4 and a half when she lost her 2 bottom teeth, I thought this was quite early, she now has 2 adult teeth in their place!

madmothership Fri 25-Sep-09 21:54:23

wow. variety - thanks for the info!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now