Talk

Advanced search

Any advice out there for how to help my windy baby!

(9 Posts)
whereisthesun Thu 24-Sep-09 19:30:24

DD is a month old and very windy really struggles to burp and gets terrible wind pains - anyone got any magic solutions on how to get these elusive burps up?!

rubyslippers Thu 24-Sep-09 19:31:58

infacol

use it before every feed

keep LO uprgiht as possible after a feed

over the shoulder (yours) to burp - that bit of pressure seems to help

nickytwotimes Thu 24-Sep-09 19:35:19

If bottle feeding, Colief is fab.
If bfing it's a bit crap tbh. <not-very helpful>!

detoxdiva Thu 24-Sep-09 19:37:55

I'm bf my baby and have tried Dentinox colic drops which seem to be helping him burp...worth a try smile

CatIsSleepy Thu 24-Sep-09 19:42:32

try lying her down for a bit then sitting her up

i found gripe water helped sometimes

robino Thu 24-Sep-09 19:44:19

Gripe water was the elixir of the gods for my DD who used to scream and scream and scream. One little spoonful, massive tummy rumblings and a big burp. She practically lived on it for a while wink.

Didn't work for DD2 though...

nickytwotimes Thu 24-Sep-09 19:52:19

Oh, and lying your baby on their tummy over your lap seems to help. SO does lying them on their side, but not recommended by SIDS people. Okay if they are on you I guess?

fairimum Thu 24-Sep-09 20:08:50

tummy tub was the only thing that worked for us!! every evening in front of the tv!! Along with finding which worked best out of colief/infacol/dentinox xx

mrswill Thu 24-Sep-09 20:13:45

DD exactly the same - what worked for us was infacol, and dr browns bottles if ebm. Also a magic tip my mother gave me, was give them a dummy to suck when you prop them up and wind them. Their whole body relaxes, so the wind comes up more easily, instead of them fighting against it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now