Talk

Advanced search

So, do you get the "Oww! your hurting me Mummy, you really are! why are you hurting Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?" every time you physically handle your child in public?

(4 Posts)
pellmell Wed 23-Sep-09 22:05:42

bloody child has started school and has taken on this strange attitude!
I seem to be in some hellish vicious cycle of asking her, followed by telling her, followed by (what I believe to be gently)physically supporting her to get in the car for example......
What on earth is going on, she has turned into a complete bratt!

cory Thu 24-Sep-09 07:53:55

oh I remember doing this to my Mum, still makes me cringe blush

in my case, hadn't learnt it from school or anywhere, just trying it out

pellmell Thu 24-Sep-09 22:59:38

she tried it tonight and I told her I thought I better get an appointment with the doctor to see why she was hurting so much. She changed the subject to her lovely picture from school.....crafty so and so smile

maybebaby23 Fri 25-Sep-09 10:51:25

It makes you feel like a monster doesn't it?! DD does this, always in a public place. It is usually because she wanted to run off and i caught her quick before she ran off. So she gets frustrated and shouts "mummy you hurt me!! You always hurt me!!" And she finds it hilarious seeing me dash to get her quick so that i don't have to run down the street (6 months preg with SPD!) But no way do i hurt her, she just gets annoyed that i caught her grin Little monkeys arn't they. DD is 3.6 and just started nursery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now