Talk

Advanced search

When did your dc have a pillow in bed?

(10 Posts)
twirlymum Wed 23-Sep-09 11:47:46

My ds is 2.6, and has just moved from a cot to a cotbed. He has a little duvet, but doesn't want a pillow.
What age do they start having them? Dd is 8, but I can't remember when she started using one.
He sleeps on his front, so I don't think he's uncomfortable, but just wondered if his head/neck need support?

pippel Wed 23-Sep-09 11:53:51

about 18 months I think

carrotsandpeasifyouplease Wed 23-Sep-09 12:16:01

just given him now at 20 months, dont think he particularly needs one but have just moved from sleeping bag to duvet

TheApprentice Wed 23-Sep-09 12:17:25

My ds is 2.9 and still doesnt have one. I read somewhere to wait until they ask for one so thats what I'm doing.

meep Wed 23-Sep-09 12:19:54

dd1 got one at 2yo - when I checked on her she would be using her teddy bear as a pillow and decided she must be ready. Many nights I do find her half way down the bed with her head on teh mattress. But try and remove the pillow - oh no it is most definitely hers grin!

twirlymum Wed 23-Sep-09 12:45:19

Thanks all,
I think I'll wait then, and see if he starts using kipper the dog as a pillow smile

multivac Thu 24-Sep-09 13:47:38

My dcs still don't have one; they're 4yrs 9m.

I also don't have one. I'm 37 in my mid-twenties, and am much more comfortable without, following the advice of an osteopath. It's sorted out my shoulder/back pain, and I generally sleep much better (on my front, btw. One of the boys also sleeps on his front, the other on his side/back).

If the boys ever raise the subject, then the ssituation might change. At the moment, if they're staying with friends they just take the pillows off the bed before they get in.

Karoleann Thu 24-Sep-09 19:20:29

Mine's just had one a t 14 months - he started waking at night and the pillow seems to have stopped it.

mumcah Fri 25-Sep-09 13:36:51

18 months.My DD had a cough so I thought it might help it.She seems to like it and is always on it when i go and get her in the mornings.

LionstarBigPants Fri 25-Sep-09 13:44:01

My DD asked for one at about 26 months, because she realised we had them in our bed (and she often slept in with us). I got her a very flat wool one and she loves it, but hopefully it's flat enough not to make too much difference to her posture.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now