Talk

Advanced search

Midi sleeper, suitable for 3 yr old?

(4 Posts)
holdingittogether Tue 22-Sep-09 13:30:01

Ds is just about to turn 3 and currently sleeps quite happily in his cotbed with sides removed. Wasn't planning to get him another bed for ages but we have been offered a second hand midi sleeper for free from a neighbour. I like the idea that could store lots of toys under it or even make it into a little den. My only concern is whether it is too high? I think he will be just fine and would easily be able to get in and out by himself. Dh however is worried he might fall when half asleep if he gets up for a wee or something. Anyone else got this type of bed for their 3 year old?

daisycake Tue 22-Sep-09 17:55:39

We got my ds a mid sleeper bed when he was about 3yrs 9 mths. Not had any problems - fortunately he never gets up for wees in night but there have been nights when he has wandered into our bedroom after having bad dream so he must have climbed down ladder in the dark without a problem!
It has been a storage life saver as he has only a small room and so we can store all his toys underneath!

holdingittogether Wed 23-Sep-09 10:54:27

Thank you for your reply. I think we are going to go for it. I am looking forward to the idea of hiding lots of toy boxes under it!

SingleMum01 Wed 23-Sep-09 20:32:38

I got my DS one at about 3 1/2. No problems, in fact I think he felt quite safe in it as apart from the ladder it has sides to it. Only slight problem I thought I may have was he was still in night nappies and I was lifting him for a week before I went to bed. Decided to just bite the bullet and stop doing it when he went in the mid sleeper and was lucky as he was dry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now