Talk

Advanced search

FGS WHY can DS2 not stay in bed?

(8 Posts)
FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 21-Sep-09 19:49:17

Every bloody night he is getting out and wandering around upstairs, disturbing ds1 an dd and not going to sleep.

aaaaaaaaaaaargggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

he is 4

georgiemum Mon 21-Sep-09 19:50:29

Sounds about right to me. Little people worry about missing something when they are in bed. My mum always said that and I think it's true!

laumiere Mon 21-Sep-09 22:49:45

My DS is the same, he's 3 and we still keep a baby gate on the door to pen him in. He is incessantly bouncing on the bed/opening drawers/talking but luckily his younger brother sleeps through it. We just firmly put him back in bed with the same phrases and go back to bed ourselves.

Pannacotta Mon 21-Sep-09 22:54:49

Our DS2 is also the same though he is only 2.
Every night any time from 10 he wakes up and rruns around - he can open stair gates so this isnt an option.

I dont have the answer sorry but am also v pissed off about everyone being disturbed.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 22-Sep-09 09:54:02

It is a real pain as he needs his sleep but also DD is really getting fed up with him waking her up. Can't put a gate across his door.

I am thinking I might bribe him with stickers and a chocolate button when he gets so many.

wingandprayer Tue 22-Sep-09 10:00:33

DD does this too, she is just 5. Knocks on our door two of three times a night with any old excuse (nail snag, worried about bike being left out in rain but it's not raining). Infuriating and exhausting as I can never get back to sleep. It has improved now she has started school as she is more tired, before that we did remove favourite priviliges though if it got too silly and use lots of praise when she did manage to stay in bed all night. I think they just get bored and decide to explore and test their independence

potplant Tue 22-Sep-09 10:09:23

We tried an alarm clock. DS is not allowed out of bed until the alarm goes off.

Works about 80% of the time.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 22-Sep-09 10:11:02

He gets up within minutes of being put to bed, I know he just wants to play but he is 4 and needs his sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now