Talk

Advanced search

I am SO sick of being poked / prodded / hit / jumped on

(7 Posts)
TheWheelsOnTheBusHaveFallenOff Mon 21-Sep-09 08:57:21

and ds is only 2.5 . Doesn't matter how many times I tell him not to hit me, headbutt me, smack me etc, he just can't stop. It's not intended maliciously, it's just - I suppose - him being a little boy full of energy. But I just want some space!!

Anyone else have this? Any tips on how to get him to channel his energy elsewhere? We go out lots and he does loads of running and play ground stuff, but just trying to get ready in the morning to go out is a trial as I constantly have to peel him off me, fend him off etc. He loves cuddles too, fortunately!

It's going to go on for years isn't it?

winnybella Mon 21-Sep-09 09:08:51

Well, not for years.. My 7 yo is still very energetic and we went through similar phase when at that age. Now , though, when he goes crazy, I can tell him to stop and he does, whereas before he would not listen.
Don't worry, i'll pass!

Meglet Mon 21-Sep-09 09:12:50

Me too. Ds is 2.10 and dd is 1. Sometimes I just get bashed, squashed and poked all day. Its rarely deliberate or nasty, but even so it drives me mad. DD is always pulling my hair or prodding me when I carry her, not the most pleasant experience I have to say.

It would be nice to just have cuddles for a while.

chochappy Thu 24-Sep-09 21:14:10

My dd2 is 2.10, her latest is running at speed towards you and crashing into your legs! Usually she jumps off the sofa and on to your back (if you're sat on the floor) with no warning at all!

She is just full of beans ALL THE TIME, it can be a bit of a pain sometimes but she's really quite funny too and very affectionate.

I too am hoping it's just a phase as she's started to try and get horsey rides from my ds who is only 10 months! Needless to say, he does not appreciate this at all!

Lizzzombie Thu 24-Sep-09 22:14:58

Oh thank goodness.
Its not just my child who does this.

My DS 2.9 runs not just at me, but at random strangers too. Very embarrassing.

The only thing that works with my son is exercise. Lots of it.
We are in the park every single day for at least 1 to 2 hours.

Funnily enough I see the same mothers there every day also, with children all running around screaming. So I am guessing that plenty of people have the same issues.

Its exhausting.

daffodill6 Thu 24-Sep-09 22:33:57

Yes- my phrase was - 'I am not a climbing frame' mostly used in evenings when DD used up energy or in the swimming pool when I was fed up of being bruised!

isittooearlyforgin Thu 24-Sep-09 22:38:53

when my ds does this to me, i pick him up, put him on the floor and ignore. 9/10 he comes and strokes me and says " sorry mummy". always find it best NEVER to be found lying down inhis eyeline (always ends badly, mostly for my squidey bits)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now