Talk

Advanced search

Potty training PFB

(3 Posts)
TinyPawz Sun 20-Sep-09 21:31:35

My lo will be 3 end of next month and I am going to start potty training this week.

She is very very strong willed and she seems no more interested in the toilet than the man in the moon!

Help, all advice welcome.

pigletmania Sun 20-Sep-09 23:39:07

my dd is 2.6 years and sounds so much like your lo, shows no interest in wee or poo does not point, happy to walk around with a wet and dirty nappy. I dont know what i will do when she reaches 3 and is still not ready, i will have to force her out of nappies as the term after her 3rd birthday she starts nursery within the local primary school and they want them to be toilet trained so have to really. Sorry no advice but i can sympathise wink.

Minismama Tue 22-Sep-09 14:41:35

Hi,

I have a 2.4 year old girl. I bought a potty (Fifi one as at the time she was into Fifi big time) when she was about 18 months and just put the potty in her playroom and told her what it was. It was met with a blank stare, fair enough. Then as she approached her second birthday I started asking her if she wanted to go on a potty she replied every single time with a stern NO. My daughter knows her mind and left me in no doubt that under no circumstance will she wee in the potty. (she once said NO and then hid the potty under the table to emphasise her point). Anyway, I kept the potty there and various dollies and soft toys did a "wee" in a potty but not my daughter. Then just after her second birthday she just asked for it herself! By that point I hadn't mentioned it thining I'll just leave it until she is 2 1/2 and try again. She was 2 years and 1 month when she started weeing on a potty, within 3 weeks she was dry and now that she is 2 and 4 monhts she is dry overnight!
What I am trying to say is, have the potty ready (or several around the house) so your little one knows they are there and then, when they want it (and I'm afraid it is only then) he will do it. Also worth mentioning that after my daughter asked for the potty for the first time, I then took the nappies off and had her in pants in the house so the moment I could see she started to wee I would whisk her off to the potty.
I hope this helps.
Good luck! It will happen, probably sooner than you think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now