Talk

Advanced search

I have read something about pull ups making night time dryness take longer to kick in

(6 Posts)
FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 19-Sep-09 14:37:11

How can that be so when night time dryness is about hormone levels?

My eldest was 7 before being dry at night and my 6 and 4 year olds are still in pyjama pants.

bronzebeard Sat 19-Sep-09 14:44:33

whats the difference from a normal nappy anyway?

bronzebeard Sat 19-Sep-09 14:45:28

Sorry I mean in the way they feel when worn. I mean why would pullups take longer than a normal nappy

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 19-Sep-09 14:45:41

Pyjama pants are like pants so the child can take them off to go to the loo but mine use them like nappies - if they are awake they will go to the loo and if they are not they will wet them.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 19-Sep-09 14:47:13

Exactly, unless they mean kids get lazy if they know there is a nappy type thing but if they haven't got the hormone, they can't stay dry.

JulesJules Sat 19-Sep-09 14:48:40

Yes, I also thought it was about the production of vasopressin - that it isn't possible for them to be dry at night until they are producing enough of this hormone.

I can't see how wearing a pullup can have an effect. I mean, they're asleep hmm - my 4yo is still in night time pullups too, although has been dry by day for ages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now