Talk

Advanced search

should i be concerned that my ds, 3.2, is still having accidents with his no.2s?

(6 Posts)
billyog Fri 18-Sep-09 22:44:59

He's been out off nappies for about 8mths now. He's had spells of having accidents with wee, then poohs and then he'd be fine for a while but he's recently started having accidents with no.2s again. He started pre school last week, although had a few accidents in the week leading up tp it.He was in nursery before pre school and didn't have accidents there. He's very happy and seems to love school, no crying and staff say he's settled in really well. Its stressing me out no end, which is not helping anyone. I just don't understand how he can have a pooh accident, wee yes but pooh? I'm starting to think about what i give him for breakfast and have vitoed the weetabix. Then i was wondering whether he's got intolerance to something, his pooh is soft and v smelly. please can someone reassure me that this is not unheard off. I need to chill out about it. I've been giving him a hard time about it which is so shit of me (pardon the pun).

cory Sat 19-Sep-09 10:03:48

poo accidents quite normal for this age; my nephew was still having them at 4

it may be due to constipation or it may not

Littlepurpleprincess Sat 19-Sep-09 14:57:16

He is very young to be completely toilet trained. Don't worry about it, he just needs time.

geordieminx Sat 19-Sep-09 14:59:33

poo. not pooh

pranma Sun 20-Sep-09 15:24:00

as in stinky not Winnie

mimsum Sun 20-Sep-09 15:33:27

ds2 had horrible constipation for years - finally dealt with by medication - we didn't realise he was constipated because he was pooing in his pants and what came out was soft, dark and very smelly

the worst thing you can do is give him a hard time about it as if it is constipation it's completely out of his control

as the others have said he's still very young and poo accidents are still very common at this age - take off the pressure - give him loads of fruit, veg and plenty of water to drink as if he is constipated that will help

if he's still doing this in a few weeks, go to the GP and ask for a referral to the paediatric incontinence clinic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now