Talk

Advanced search

my 9 month ols beating me up! [grin]

(10 Posts)
charleepeters Sun 05-Jun-05 15:20:16

my 9 month old ds has taken to grabbing my face and scratching and pinchin me! hes cut my lip open several times and i have loads of huge scratches down my face, his nails are short and not sharp im not sure how or even i if i can stop it! i look like ive been beaten up!

charleepeters Sun 05-Jun-05 15:29:07

im just worried people are going to think i have been being mistreated at home by dp or somethin i have had several people ask me what happened to my face and i feel like 'my baby scatched me to pieces' sounds like a bit of a lame excuse!

starlover Sun 05-Jun-05 15:51:41

every time he does it say NO firmly to him and put him on the floor.
he'll soon get the message!

charleepeters Sun 05-Jun-05 15:52:57

i have tried saying no to him in a firm voice but he just cries then i feel guilty.

starlover Sun 05-Jun-05 15:53:59

it's ok for babies to cry! seriously... you need to put a stop to it, because otherwise he'll keep on doing it... and as he gets bigger it'll only get worse!

charleepeters Sun 05-Jun-05 15:55:45

ok i will be brave starlover! hopefully i can get back my dashing looks and stop looking like someone from casualty!

starlover Sun 05-Jun-05 15:57:10

yeah! show him whose boss! LOL

i know it's easier said than done though... but good luck!

Gobbledigook Sun 05-Jun-05 16:02:08

Keep him away from your face! I know what you mean - ds3 is 9 months and loves grabbing my face! Ouch!

charleepeters Sun 05-Jun-05 16:05:11

i do try gobbledigook but when heson my lap its the first thing he goes for its because i ave glasses and he like to take them off, i cant noot wear them because i cant see without them! i also have long hair so he pulls clumps of that out! i know he doesnt mean to hurt and im not mad at him as he thinks its funny and he thinks hes playing it just bloomin hurts and i look horrible with all my scratches!

Gobbledigook Sun 05-Jun-05 16:06:09

Oh yes, ds loves my hair too! It really hurts when he pulls it out!! I say 'no' firmly but it makes not a blind bit of difference!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now