Talk

Advanced search

my 9 month ols beating me up! [grin]

(10 Posts)
charleepeters Sun 05-Jun-05 15:20:16

my 9 month old ds has taken to grabbing my face and scratching and pinchin me! hes cut my lip open several times and i have loads of huge scratches down my face, his nails are short and not sharp im not sure how or even i if i can stop it! i look like ive been beaten up!

charleepeters Sun 05-Jun-05 15:29:07

im just worried people are going to think i have been being mistreated at home by dp or somethin i have had several people ask me what happened to my face and i feel like 'my baby scatched me to pieces' sounds like a bit of a lame excuse!

starlover Sun 05-Jun-05 15:51:41

every time he does it say NO firmly to him and put him on the floor.
he'll soon get the message!

charleepeters Sun 05-Jun-05 15:52:57

i have tried saying no to him in a firm voice but he just cries then i feel guilty.

starlover Sun 05-Jun-05 15:53:59

it's ok for babies to cry! seriously... you need to put a stop to it, because otherwise he'll keep on doing it... and as he gets bigger it'll only get worse!

charleepeters Sun 05-Jun-05 15:55:45

ok i will be brave starlover! hopefully i can get back my dashing looks and stop looking like someone from casualty!

starlover Sun 05-Jun-05 15:57:10

yeah! show him whose boss! LOL

i know it's easier said than done though... but good luck!

Gobbledigook Sun 05-Jun-05 16:02:08

Keep him away from your face! I know what you mean - ds3 is 9 months and loves grabbing my face! Ouch!

charleepeters Sun 05-Jun-05 16:05:11

i do try gobbledigook but when heson my lap its the first thing he goes for its because i ave glasses and he like to take them off, i cant noot wear them because i cant see without them! i also have long hair so he pulls clumps of that out! i know he doesnt mean to hurt and im not mad at him as he thinks its funny and he thinks hes playing it just bloomin hurts and i look horrible with all my scratches!

Gobbledigook Sun 05-Jun-05 16:06:09

Oh yes, ds loves my hair too! It really hurts when he pulls it out!! I say 'no' firmly but it makes not a blind bit of difference!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: