Talk

Advanced search

just had first experience of bullying (?)

(13 Posts)
darlingbud Sat 04-Jun-05 23:22:08

went to the social club at our Church for a drink tonight as childen are allowed in so its a good family atmosphere. there were a few other kids there (a bit older than dd (who is 2.5) but only by maybe about 2/3 years). they were all playing nicely in the function room when dd started crying. She settled down and a nice luttle girl of about 6 came to get her to come back an play. A few minutes later dd was crying again. Once more the little girl came to get her to take her back to play.
A few minutes later dd came out eating a swet - I asked her where she had got it and she said the little girl had given it to her - nice I thought. A bit later she came out again with another sweet and I thought how lovely that the little girl is sharing with her.
DD found a balloon and took it away to play with. I heard a bang then dd came crying again.
The little girl had popped dd's balloon with a pin as she wanted it and dd wouldn't let her have it. I then found out that the sweets the girl gave dd had been found on the floor and the girl had made dd eat them. She was pushing her around to make her cry too.
we came home.
I felt so sorry for dd. she was sat in the back of the car apologising to us and saying that it wasn't her fault.

rickman Sat 04-Jun-05 23:40:43

Message withdrawn

helsi Sat 04-Jun-05 23:42:36

I know that kids do fall out but I just felt sooo protective over my little one!!

jodee Sat 04-Jun-05 23:44:15

Sorry you had such a bad experience, you weren't to know what was going on, your poor dd.

helsi Sat 04-Jun-05 23:45:16

I just realised how vunerable she was - I mean - eating sweets given to her fro the floor, then saying how nice Catherine is!!

rickman Sat 04-Jun-05 23:47:06

Message withdrawn

morocco Sat 04-Jun-05 23:49:06

it's so hard to handle the thought that someone can be horrible to our little ones isn't it? Even thinking about someone being mean to my ds makes my blood boil. I'd be equally mortified if ds was pushing other people's children round too (sadly he already does push ds2 around)
hugs

hunkermunker Sat 04-Jun-05 23:55:17

Oh, how horrible - poor little girl. Children can be so devious and unkind sometimes

I'm not sure how ferocious I'll be as and when DS experiences this kind of thing. Actually, I do know - the red mist will take over. Bloody hell, you'll all complain about me in a couple of years time!

Hugs to your DD, hun - and to you (are you Helsi again for good now?) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Willow2 Sun 05-Jun-05 00:03:00

Poor little thing. Sorry you had such a xxxxx night.

saadia Sun 05-Jun-05 00:19:06

That's just heartbreaking poor little mite, I don't think I could bear it if anyone bullied my dss, in fact can't bear the thought of any child being bullied - I think rickman had the right idea suggesting keeping a close eye on what's going on until you know what the other kids are like. And maybe just keep telling your dd (although she is still very young) to tell you straightaway if anyone hurts or scares her. Hope you feel better soon, I can imagine how upsetting this must have been.

Yorkiegirl Sun 05-Jun-05 00:23:00

Message withdrawn

helsi Sun 05-Jun-05 00:38:31

she was still lovely tonight but her poor little face was so hurt and confused why this girl was being horrid. I suppose its the strat of realising that not everyone is nice.

Pinotmum Mon 06-Jun-05 17:53:36

We had this on holiday a few weeks ago. My dd 4.7 yo and ds 2.7 yo made friends with a brother and sister who were 8 yo and 6 yo. The boy would be quite rough with ds and quite clever. Ds would cry and say x did this etc but only once did I actually see him twist ds's arm. I told him to be careful as ds was smaller. Another time he tipped him out of an inflatable boat in the baby pool on purpose. Ds was not put off playing with him and it was hard to avoid him. Ds did end up slapping him and the boy cried and ran to his mum so ds was told by me "no hitting" etc. I noticed this boy would tell the younger ones to do things and watch as they got told off. On the last day ds got told off by dh was pushing another child and ds said X had told him to do it. My ds is no angel but is too young to lie and has never pushed another child over though there is always a first time I know I was glad to be going home as it was getting a bit stressful. I hope your dd finds nicer friends in future

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: