Talk

Advanced search

DD 20 months previously great sleeper now waking 5 times a night - need a plan!

(3 Posts)
somethinganything Thu 17-Sep-09 09:35:10

Would love some advice from anyone who's been through this. DD has been a great sleeper from when she was really tiny. No sleep training or anything she just seemed to really like going to bed at night and getting at least 11 hours.

A few weeks ago we were on holiday and sharing a room with her in a travel cot, which I think is now getting a bit small. Anyway upshot was that she woke up a lot and it's developed into a permanent pattern.

Last night she woke up at 2.45 and was awake more or less constantly until 5.15. then up again at 6.45. First she wanted her dummy, then milk, then just seemed to want to get up. I'd settle her back in her cot and she'd seem sleepy then it would all start again a few mins later. I'm completely knackered and getting through work is going to be a nightmare. DH reckons we shoudl just leave her to 'cry it out' but I just hate doing that.

any ideas?

somethinganything Thu 17-Sep-09 10:17:13

Anyone? Am also expecting another baby so really don't want to be waking throughout the night with both of them... Any advice v v welcome

Seriya Fri 18-Sep-09 21:30:23

We've had a few period of repeated night waking with our DD, who's normally a good sleeper.

Haven't got a sure-fix solution but a few things we used more or less successfully:

- minimal attention at night, just settle down and back to bed

- music (she loves listening to lullabyes and the music gives her something to quietly entertain her when she does wake up - so yes the CD is on constant repeat, quietly)

If she was a bit older you could explain to her that it's time for sleeping but at 20 months that's probably limited.

Good luck! With us it was always phases and she's currently back to sleeping through, but she did wake repeatedly every night for a good two or three months earlier this year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now