Talk

Advanced search

Shoes once walking

(4 Posts)
chaosisawayoflife Wed 16-Sep-09 22:33:15

My dd is just starting to walk. She is normally barefoot indoors and has various robeez, shooshoos etc for outdoors, as well as a pair of clarks cruisers which I was sucked into buying for her. My instinct for some reason is to keep her in the cruiser type shoes for some time but I'm sure if I take her to a shoe shop they'll try to persuade me to get 'walking' shoes. Should she be in firmer soled shoes once she is walking properly or is she ok in the softer cruising shoes for some time yet?

33k Wed 16-Sep-09 22:37:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Scottie22 Thu 17-Sep-09 12:12:13

You will probably be advised in a shoe shop to keep dd in cruisers until she's been walking for a few months. First shoes have pretty soft soles in any case - the ones we got from Clarks weren't much different from the cruisers really!

CMOTdibbler Thu 17-Sep-09 12:15:41

She needs to be walking independantly (ie not holding hands etc) for at least 6 weeks before she is wearing stiff soled shoes, and the longer she is in soft shoes, the better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now