Talk

Advanced search

Please help me not to kill my nearly three year old!

(6 Posts)
ijustwant8hours Wed 16-Sep-09 13:57:29

DS is driving me nuts. Even when he is in a good mood he is annoying me!

The thing that is annoying me most is that he keeps hitting / kicking/ pushing dd (8m)

I seem to spend all day yelling (ineffectually)

I'm mainly just looking for sympathy tbh

mrsmortenharket Wed 16-Sep-09 13:59:11

(((((((())))))

Catitainahatita Wed 16-Sep-09 23:45:03

Offers sympathy and crosses her fingers that you get your 8 hours in sometime soon.

MunkyNuts Thu 17-Sep-09 10:31:13

I sympathise deeply. My DS is nearly 3 and has become really physical, especially at home with DD, pulling her hair really hard and scratching her face. Its awful and makes my blood boil. The only thing I can suggest is shutting him in another room when he´s misbehaving like this. Its almost like its impulsive behaviour in my DS, like he can´t control it, he even does it when he´s excited or happy about something, not just when he´s mad. Hoping it´s a phase that he´ll outgrow. A friend told me that boys have a testosterone surge at around 3yo and I´d like to put it down to this. Another friend said the frontal lobe of the brain is where this physical behaviour is controlled and its still developing. I also like this theory - anything other than I´ve raised a monster! I know what you mean about yelling ineffectually I´ve become a right shouty mummy of late, deep breaths, reiterate the behaviour is not acceptable, put him in another room and repeat, and repeat and repeat. I´m hoping eventually this will end. Out of interest does your DS fight with everybody or just members of the family?

ijustwant8hours Thu 17-Sep-09 14:46:06

Many many thanks for the sympathy!

He only fights with family, he pretends to be a model child with other people. It is like he can't control himself though

mumofeve Thu 17-Sep-09 17:03:34

You have all my remaining sympathy (I'm afraid I have used most of it up on myself grin!). My DD is exactly the same as your DS. Any day when I don't end up with a headache from shouting so much is a success as far as I am concerned. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now