Talk

Advanced search

how to deal with soft-dad and repercussions....

(2 Posts)
rwar Wed 16-Sep-09 08:46:08

Hello, i'd love some advice on how to handle disagreements about discipline - dh is much softer on our 3 year old than i am. he admits he wants to be liked and finds it hard to tell him off or say no to him.

I've spoken to dh about this many times and it's an ongoing thing we need to work on.

The thing that's really bothering me at the moment is that our son wails for daddy every time things don't go his way (unsurprisingly) and asks me to go away when dh is around.

I'm finding this really hard to deal with - I know it shouldn't make me sad but it does. How should I respond? I know he's not saying it to hurt me, life is just much easier for him with daddy because he always gets his way.

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 16-Sep-09 09:50:23

I've also faced this problem. My dh is such a good man compared to me, the screeching, tough harpy. I just kept reiterating to him that we must be consistent in our discipline and both agree in front of her with the decision we made (even if one of us disagreed). There is nothing better for manipulation than parent/s who are inconsistent with their expectations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now