Talk

Advanced search

Help my 5 year old with first rejection from BEST FRIEND at school

(3 Posts)
jumpingjules Tue 15-Sep-09 18:44:28

My DS has just started school from pre-school so they all know each other. he is a softy and only child and devoted to one little boy. ( this little boy is a twin other one is a girl). They were inseperable mainly 'cos there are only 10 in class and there are only 4 boys. Other 2 boys are much younger. Today he came home devastated as the other boy had run off in the playground and said he wasn't his best friend any more and another boy was. This is probably his first rejection and I was shocked at how badly he was affected. I know this is part and parcel of school but need some help in what to say to him. HELP!

claricebeansmum Tue 15-Sep-09 20:34:17

The best thing to do is to help him move on. Explain that it is better to have more than one best friend and a big circle of friends. Help him by getting them over on playdates. He'll recover!

Reallytired Tue 15-Sep-09 23:45:21

You will find this happens regularly. They will probably be best mates next week and then fall out again at least three times before the end of term.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now