Talk

Advanced search

Toddler stripping off after he has been put to bed at night - help!

(12 Posts)
lovechoc Mon 14-Sep-09 18:45:10

Hi there

Any advice please on what to do with DS who keeps stripping off his sleeping bag, pyjamas and nappy after he has been settled in bed at his usual time?

We have just been going in to put everything back on and explaining that it's bedtime and that he needs to keep everything on.

This has been happening now for about 2 weeks, so quite recent. Wondering what to do, anyone else experienced this with their toddler?

DS is 2.6.

thanks for reading.

DLI Mon 14-Sep-09 18:49:00

my ds is nearly six and has been taking his pyjamas off for the last year. i have given up and have let him! when he is cold he covers his bedding over him.

lovechoc Mon 14-Sep-09 18:50:51

thanks DLI but DS isn't potty trained yet, so I'm not wanting 'accidents' happening IYSWIM.

Oops, that's him stripped off again....back in a mo..

DLI Mon 14-Sep-09 18:56:53

what about just putting a nappy on him and leaving of the pj's?

bumpybecky Mon 14-Sep-09 19:00:04

several layers sellotape round the nappy then cut it off in the morning

<speaks with experience smilie!>

lovechoc Mon 14-Sep-09 19:00:40

he just takes the nappy off himself anyway, at the same time he takes off the PJs. Have went in a second time and he seems to be settling now. Fingers crossed!

Ta for the advice. Kids eh?!

NeedCoffee Mon 14-Sep-09 19:02:50

snap! DD 23motns is doing it too, its such hard work, no advice, just sympathy!

get sleep suits and put them on back wards, works wonders for us.

elmofan Mon 14-Sep-09 19:17:25

maybe he is practising to be a Chippendale grin
seriously though i think its a normal phase , try not to react in front of him just dress him again & dont speak to him ,

MovingOutOfBlighty Mon 14-Sep-09 19:18:28

Agree with backwards sleepsuits. Worked with us.

lovechoc Mon 14-Sep-09 19:34:58

think I may try elmofan's advice, because he has the poppers at the top of the sleepsuit (at the shoulders) and the zipper right around at the bottom, so he would take it off regardless of whether I put it on backwards or not. thanks lisad123 though.

I did talk to him last time, but he fell asleep anyway 10 mins later so he must have been knackered (always is around 6.45/7ish). If he does it again tomorrow though, will just ignore him and not get into a discussion about it.

bosch Mon 14-Sep-09 19:36:45

Ds2 used to do this and I just used an old fashioned nappy pin (metal, not plastic) to pin his grobag closed so he couldn't get out of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now