Talk

Advanced search

Any advice on how to get a 6mo to 'hold on' when being carried?

(2 Posts)
mumofeve Mon 14-Sep-09 17:09:11

This may seem like a funny question, but my DS (nearly 6 months) leans backwards constantly when he is being carried. I carry him sort of on my hip, with my arm around him, holding him in place. I never remember having a problem with my DD doing this - I'm pretty sure she always used to kind of cling on in a bit of a monkey-fashion, although obviously I always used to be holding on to her fairly tightly as well. My DS however, flings himself from side to side, lurches backwards etc. I do use a sling with him sometimes, but I don't really want to use it all the time - especially when I'm in a rush and am in and out of the car for example. Other people (friends and family) have started commenting on how difficult he is to carry, and he's even starting to make my (fairly strong) DH complain of an aching arm! I had to hold him for 5 mins whilst waiting for my DD to come out of school today, and my shoulder is still aching as a result!
Any advice or am I stuck with this reclining situation indefinitely? It comes to something when you find your (not skinny!)3yo easier to carry than your 6mo!!!!

Momdeguerre Mon 14-Sep-09 17:22:03

I found a Hippychick Hip seat a huge help for my very very wriggly DS www.hippychick.com/index.cfm/children/Products.List/category_id/65/subject/hippychick_hipseat

Loved it and still find it useful now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now