Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

'hit nina?'

(9 Posts)
misdee Fri 03-Jun-05 23:33:42

my dd2 has a thing about hitting people. but she often asks before she does it. i always tell her no, dont hot people, but then she asks if she can hit me!!!

cheeky madam.

starshaker Fri 03-Jun-05 23:37:47

lol well at leats she asks before doing it

misdee Fri 03-Jun-05 23:41:45

sahe makes me laugh. she keep climbing into a box and falling asleep.

oh no, someone call the nspcc now!!!

jenkins88 Sat 04-Jun-05 01:12:09

My 3y 4m ds is a bit like this. He used to punch but stop before his fist actually touches anybody, but lately he is making contact. Little sod really bruised my arm the other day

I've had some heart stopping moments when I've seen him balling up his fists in front of babies, although I've always managed to get to him before he throws a punch.

I used to think this was just an irritating phase he was going through, but now I'm getting a bit worried about it. Does it worry you misdee?

misdee Sat 04-Jun-05 09:37:19

she does worry me, as her own pain threshold is higher than normal, so if something doesnt hurt her she thinks it wont hurt anyone else.

jenkins88 Sun 05-Jun-05 01:41:36

It's strange that you mention pain threshold, as I have often wondered if ds's is higher than most people's. He's had a few really bad cold's and sickness bugs over the past few years but it never seems to bother him. Last year he had an accident where he split his nostril in half (blood everywhere), he screamed for a minute or so, but I think this was more shock than pain. Five minutes later he was fine, even when he was at the hospital and the doctor was pulling either side of his nose apart to see how far it had split.

Misdee how old is your DD?

misdee Sun 05-Jun-05 08:31:38

she'll be 3 in sept. she cut her feet open last summer and didnt notice. it was only when dd1 told us and the blood has started to dry that she was slightly bothered. mainly because i got the tcp out to clean her up. if she sees blood she whinges. sometimes she'll crack her head/leg/arm when she falls over, come to me satying it hurts, i literally rub it for a second and she is off again. things she does makes us wince, but doesnt bother her.

bobbybob Sun 05-Jun-05 08:50:43

Ds also has an amazing pain threshold, blood tests, falling off the 6th rung of a ladder at the park, bashing his mouth open and getting a fat lip - absolutely no reaction other than "ow".

Expose him to the tiniest bit of egg though and he's almost in a coma (but still not in pain).

misdee Sun 05-Jun-05 08:52:10

it must be hard dealing with his allergies. i have a hard enough time dealing with my eldest 2 alergys and they are mild compared to bobs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now