Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To All Parents of Fussy Eaters- There is hope.

(9 Posts)
cori Thu 02-Jun-05 21:22:17

DS 3.5 has been a very fussy eater since he was about 1.5. Despite doing all the right things when he was a baby he went on to refuse eat vegetables of any kind. His diet consisted mostly of pasta or rice concoctions and even then he refused to eat often. At one stage he was even making himself vomit at the table when we tried to be strict with him.
But we have had major success over past two weeks
Tonight he has just eaten a huge bowl of homemade vege lasange.
I think our success is result of bribery and my decision to go a major health kick (after my recent M/C). We had tried bribery before (didnt work then) One day two weeks ago DS asked for a new toy. I said he could have it if he ate or at least tried his vegetables everyday for two weeks ( using star chart). I also radically changed our diet, I have cut out almost all processed foods and making lots of vege dishes. I have reduced red meat intake by about 80%.
My Ds now eats vegetables every night, 4 weeks ago I wouldnt have thought this was ever going be possible. So there is hope

desperatehousewife Thu 02-Jun-05 21:23:32

wow, that's fantastic - well done! I will bear your success in mind when I am tearing my hair out because my 3 yr old eats nothing but marmite sandwiches and cereal!

Mhamai Thu 02-Jun-05 21:29:14

What an encouraging msg I'm in the same boat with ds4 theres hope after all!

emily05 Thu 02-Jun-05 21:31:13

cori - I am having all sorts of trouble with ds with being a fussy eater (even have a thread about it) and I am so pleased that you posted this! Gives me some hope!

Puff Thu 02-Jun-05 21:32:15

ambrosia Thu 02-Jun-05 21:32:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tiddlypom Thu 02-Jun-05 21:42:06

Blimey! Congratulations!

Dior Thu 02-Jun-05 21:42:15

Message withdrawn

cori Thu 02-Jun-05 22:00:48

I to had started a number of threads about dealing with DS fussy eating in the past. It did help that he really wanted the toy that was used as bribery. One day he looked at me with big sad expression and said 'mummy, how to get Lofty?' so I had to think of something, this combined with my commitment to change my (and therefor everybody elses diet) did the trick.

I dont think he really likes the vegetables TBH but he has stopped pulling faces and doesnt gag as much, have promised him 'Scoop' after another two weeks of vegetables just to keep him on track. After that am hoping not to have bribe him any more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now