Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

6 nearly 7 yr old DD being a nightmare!!

(6 Posts)
redheadmum Wed 09-Sep-09 11:16:30

My DD is nearly 7 and over the summer she has been a nightmare! She's started being very stroppy (think teenagers) rolling eyes etc and generally being very rude.

On the one hand she is being quite babyish and on the other hand very stroppy. Is this a normal stage? Anyone else having this?

this morning she stormed ahead on the school run (you don't understand me, stomp, stomp) and is being very mean to her little brother.

Just would like some input from others pleeeese!

JulesJules Wed 09-Sep-09 11:19:43

You could be writing about my 7 yo DD. All of the above, plus currently refusing to let little sister (who adores her, and is very kissy and huggy) kiss or hug her, which upsets the little one , and me, very much.

Please can someone come and say that it is a phase,and they will transform into fab 8 yo?

redheadmum Wed 09-Sep-09 11:27:20

yep we have the refusing kisses of her adoring brother too........glad there is one other child out there doing the same....................

thought school might even her out but she stomps to school probably is good all day and frowns when she sees me at 3.30......sigh

citronella Wed 09-Sep-09 13:02:16

My previously calm, gentle ds who has just turned 7 last week also seems to have developed what I can only describe as an... a t t i t u d e. Like your dd he has got cocky, answers back, and is defiant. Not all the time, I mean I can still recognise his former self, but enough for me to notice and wonder if this is just a phase. I do pick him up on it firmly though.

citronella Wed 09-Sep-09 13:04:10

Oh and he can be at times really bossy (even shouts at him) with his little brother. ds2(3) gives as good as he gets as well though

OrmIrian Wed 09-Sep-09 13:04:54

Nightmare? Oh yes. I have one of those hmm

Complete horror. I am at a loss. But for the moment we are concentrating our fire power on getting to sleep before 11pm (yes I know!) as that is at the root of his problems I suspect.

I have been in tears over him most nights this week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now