Talk

Advanced search

DS1 very aggressive with ds2 and behaviour is terrible, advice please!!!!

(3 Posts)
TROLLYDOLLY77 Tue 08-Sep-09 22:27:31

DS1 with be 3yo next month and he has always been very "Active", but lately is getting a bit aggressive with punching and shouting, and am worried that other children are finding him a bit much. I would hate him to be one of this kids that no-one other child wants to play with, or whose parents don't want him to play with them. Also we ds2 is 8 weeks and he was always very loving towards him, but again a bit boisterous, until yesterday where he pinched him really hard on the face and scratched his head, on deliberately. We do the naughty step thing, and have tried talking to him, and have tried ignoring the bad paising the good, but nothing seems to be working. I feel like I spend all day moaning at him, and its getting me down. He just doesn't seem to listen to anything I say.
Help am at the end of my tether!!!

beaniemummy Tue 08-Sep-09 23:08:42

No helpful advice I'm afraid but lots of sympathy. Have ds1 2.8 and ds2 8mo, ds1 currently ignoring everything I say and occasionally (i.e. twice a day) deliberately hurting ds2. Naughty step doesn't stop it, praising good stuff doesn't either. This seems to come in waves since his brother arrived - it lasts a couple of weeks and then he is a "good boy" again. Even in a difficult phase he still plays with ds2 lots and says he loves him.
8 weeks is still very early days for being a big brother and your son may well calm down of his own accord. Good luck!

TROLLYDOLLY77 Thu 10-Sep-09 15:22:27

Thanks Beaniemummy, it's nice to know that I am not the only one going through this with thier children! The way you described what is happening with yours is like you are writing about mine, so it definitely helps to know I am not alone!!!
Thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now