Talk

Advanced search

Does your two year old think they are the parent?

(9 Posts)
LissyGlitter Tue 08-Sep-09 20:13:00

DD is 2.5 and seems to think she is responsible for me and DP! She tells us to eat up our tea and says well done and calls us a good boy/girl if we eat it all up, she is constantly asking me if I am tired or poorly and every time I leave the house she asks if I have my key and handbag and won't set off till I have shown her them! Whenever she has juice she makes sure I have some as well, and if I don't seem to be drinking it she encourages me. She even tried to help me put my socks and shoes on this morning (I'm heavily pregnant so struggle a bit to reach my feet)

She is such a lovely child, but this is really odd!

Spacehoppa Tue 08-Sep-09 20:30:29

Yes we have a a 2.5 yo. She comments on dinners 'nice' or 'sgustin'. She tells me to 'tidy up' and if I get on at her she says 'moany moany moany'
She disciplines her toy animals for being mean to other toy animals.
She does also try to feed us but as many of the things are slightly chewed by the time we get them its best to say no.
You are not alone...

thirtypence Tue 08-Sep-09 20:31:34

Ds did this at 2. Now he is 6 and think he is the teacher at school.

LissyGlitter Tue 08-Sep-09 20:43:30

The poor child has a baby sister being born in a few weeks - she's going to be rushed off her feet! She tells people she is having a baby sister who she will look after and cuddle and feed milk to. She already tells me at the end of the day that she has been working hard all day and she even sighs and tuts loudly to herself when "tidying up" (generally moving stacks of toys about at random)

Imagine having all that responsibility at the age of two!

Spacehoppa Tue 08-Sep-09 21:05:52

Little sis has no idea what she is letting herself in for I bet!

morocco Tue 08-Sep-09 21:09:46

lol

yeah, we've got one of those too. quite handy though - she gets the boys up and ready in the morning

ja9 Tue 08-Sep-09 21:10:37

2 yr old dd regularly asks me if i am still dry (referring to pants blush)

when i'm counting to 3 to get her to do something she catches me between 2 and 3 and asks me to say please.

when i was telling her brother off for being grumpy about everything (!) dd (who wasn't even a part of the conversation) turned to him and said 'you've been a fussy boy.

she keeps us in check for sure.

ja9 Tue 08-Sep-09 21:12:26

oh yes, and this av she went and got a cloth (from her washing machine) to mop up the (imaginary) spillage from a toppled over plastic cup on the floor.

ohnelly Sun 13-Sep-09 10:51:22

Ha ha yes my DS (3.5) is like this. Yesterday I was having a lie down in bed (broken my ankle last week) and he came in to put me to bed. He 'read' me a story, tucked me in, said he would leave the door open for me and said goodnight! And he often tries to tell me what to eat next from my plate - 'eat that carrot next'. I just humour him, but I think it is very common/normal. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now