Talk

Advanced search

2 year old constantly whining !!

(3 Posts)
kristatwin Tue 08-Sep-09 11:24:03

My ds has just turned 2 and is constantly whining, i feel like i am going slowly insane listening to him, it is all day about nothing, just a low hum whine, anyone any tips on how to stop it, ot at least reduce it !!

meandjoe Tue 08-Sep-09 20:40:40

ignore it is the only thing I can think of. Must drive you insaine though, there's no worse noise than whining! Does he have language at all?? I found m ds was terribly whingey and whiney til he could tell me what the hell was bothering him. Now he never stops complaining about what he doesn't want to do and what I am doing wrong but at least he doesn't do it in a whiney horrible voice (usually)!

ilovetochat Tue 08-Sep-09 20:46:45

i agree, it is probably that he cant communicate how he would like to. ask him whats wrong if he can talk or ask him are you tired, are you hungry. or say would you like to go to the park, yes, well stop whining and we will go and wait for him to stop.
my dd can talk but still whines sometimes till i ask her to talk properly and tell me whats wrong, then i say i cant hear her till she talks properly.
i also talk about her feelings a lot and mine, like if she tried to build something and it falls i say poor dd, i bet you are annoyed that didnt go well or are you sad about x, are you angry about y, so she gets used to expressing herself.
i think its a phase though, and very annoying too,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now